What color space?

Reaction score
Just curious what color space people are shooting with? I've found d-cinelike to have more accurate colors than d-log and requires less correction in post, but I don't know much about either. Is "none" uncompressed? Trying to educate myself more on video. I'm used to Adobe and prophoto, lol.

I use RAW anytime it is available and post process the changes. ;)

For video, D-log. D-Log is a flat picture profile and will help out shooters looking to additionally grade their footage in post tremendously.

Here are a couple videos showing the Osmo modes which I assume are similar to the Phantom...

+1 on the D-log. Interesting post.

Just like in those examples I find the cinelike rather yellowish - D log seems more neutral
My D-cinelike looks nothing like that example, definitely no weird yellow hue. Very interesting. Gonna play around with the two more.

My D-cinelike looks nothing like that example, definitely no weird yellow hue. Very interesting. Gonna play around with the two more.
It probably depends to some extent on how your monitor is calibrated.
Mine is set up for photography with spyder software and to be honest the first impression after doing that is it shifts things warmer - but you soon get used to it.
So my cinelike will look yellower than on an uncalibrated monitor?

I use an x-rite i1 to profile my monitors and paper. I've noticed a trend that factory icc profiles tend to be very cool and contrasty.

If I have time I'll shoot in both modes and post it for comparison sake.

For video, D-log. D-Log is a flat picture profile and will help out shooters looking to additionally grade their footage in post tremendously.

Here are a couple videos showing the Osmo modes which I assume are similar to the Phantom...

Very helpful. Thank you!

Check out side by side comparison (i prefer D-Cinelike) :
This test is flawed as sunlight is variable (in some images, missing in others). They should never have tried this with a partly cloudy sky.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20