Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What class of uSD to get

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Wolfiesden, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Wolfiesden

I am probably gonna end up at walmart tonight to get a set of those phone gloves (the ones that have the finger that operates a touch screen).

I figure I will scan the uSD cards while there. The one that came with the P3 is a Panasonic 16g class 10. Any advantage of getting one of SanDisk's Extreme Pro cards? I use those in my DSLR and have had good service from them. But they aren't cheap. I presume since we are talking video here with the P3, that the fastest card is going to be the wise choice?

2. DroneDestination

P3P? Anything over about 10MBps (80Mbps) write speed should be good. Go for a 32 or 64gb card for more space! Something like a SanDisk Extreme/Pro, Lexar x633, or Samsung Evo+ (UHS-1 rated) will give you great performance. On Amazon, a 64gb card is around $24-27, while a 32gb is $13-15.

3. Wolfiesden

P3A. I couldn't see the need for 4k video for what I want it for.

I don't think my DSLR will take 64g as thats into XD territory. I will stick with 32g as I had planned. That way I know its fine in all my readers and my DSLR if I wish to leverage it for that. I doubt I could fill up a 32g with only 2 batteries anyway. Later when I get more batteries I will get another card or two. Good to have spares anyway.

So the Extreme is probably the one I will get then. Its what I use in SD format, not uSD, for my DSLR and they are fast and have had no failures ever.

4. DroneDestination

OK! Great choice.