What choices for raising the height?

Reaction score
Hi all, I need to raise the height of my FC40 so that gimbal and Gopro is clear of the ground so it doesn't get knocked when landing, I have a flight case that I store my FC40 in so I can't use the wide/tall landing gear, so just wondered if anyone has any links of where I can get some spacers that go between the legs and quad or any other solutions, at the moment I'm using two pieces of 15mm plastic pipe zip tied to the bottom of my legs but it doesn't look very attractive.

So after searching the internet I've only found one type of extensions that I could possibly use.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/2154558/ ... antom.html

Has anyone used these? If so have you got any photos of how they look installed? The only photos I can find are computer generated. I have also read one post that the Vision+ landing gear is slightly taller than the FC40? Anyone heard this before?

There are plenty of types on Ebay. I have a set of slightly wider and taller legs on my P2, so the gimbal is about 1" clear of the ground. Cost about £8 from China. I think they are similar to the Vision+ but I don't have anything to compare against.

I did look at some of the legs on eBay but I'm restricted on width as my flightcase is setup for the stock legs, I've just seen that DJI sell a Zenmuse adaptor with longer legs for the Phantom 1, so maybe this might be my answer.

you can get little plastic leg extenders that are 3d printed and lightweight that go between the legs and body. i got the longer wide black legs on ebay and my fc40 doesnt fit in my bag easily. they are also very wobbly and my compass doesnt deal with the extra height too well. Have to calibrate a lot more. however its still worth it for the g2d and go pro to move freely before takeoff . i may 3d print some leg extenders in the new yr i 3d printed the gimbal tilt switch and even tho its ugly and yellow it works a charm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav