What charge setting do you use?

OI Photography said:
Moo said:
Oh I see, Im getting a Phantom1 at the end of the month and am getting my ducks in a row first...whats the name of the charger I should get and roughly how much are they?
Also when you say I can charge 4 batteries at once, how many come with a standard battery pack? I was going to buy one extra battery with the drone

A "standard battery pack" = 1 battery (there's several cells packed inside)

The Tenergy Accucel-6 and the IMAX B6 are good chargers for less than $50. The quad-charging model EMCSQUAR referenced is usually close to $150.

Thanks, so basically instead of charging one battery pack at a time, I could charge up to 4? I need to use it for filming so 2 packs would provide around 45mins flight time but then a couple hours to charge so I would need like 6 spare batteries or something, how long does it take to charge one battery?

And what do you guys think of the admonition :

"Make sure to use the battery after fully charging."

That is completely unrealistic. I charge mine then use next day or day after.

Shouldn't that be fine?

rustysd said:
And what do you guys think of the admonition :

"Make sure to use the battery after fully charging."

That is completely unrealistic. I charge mine then use next day or day after.

Shouldn't that be fine?

yah,. perfectly fine to wait a few days if you'd like.
some people go even longer.

It's not like the batteries will go "bad" if you don't treat them properly, they just won't last quite as long
tho how much, who knows.

I'm getting very varying flight times on my FC40. I have two batteries, both standard DJI 2200 ones.
To test the battery life I lifted the drone up to a few feet off the ground and let it run until the first red light came on, then until it came on continuously and finally until it landed on its own.
In the first test it was a bit blustery outside, so she probably had to work harder than usual:
First red flash: 10 minutes 15 seconds.
Constant flashing: 10 minutes 56 seconds
Auto land: 11 minutes 36 seconds.

I was pleased with that but was still thinking that the flights were too short. I don't time them (just watch the lights, though have a stopwatch ordered), so tonight I did the same test again but this time with my second battery. For it I got:
No first red flash, just constant flashing at 2 minutes 30 seconds.
I didn't even bother to wait for the auto land :-(

In both cases the batteries had been charged on the standard BC-20-4 that comes with the Phantom FC40 using both the balance lead and the main lead and set to 1.

Any ideas what I should do to get a more predictable flying time ? The units and batteries are a week old so have about 20 charges under their belt.

My charger isn't charging properly - I'm getting the main red light blinking alternately with the 2S light four times; then the 1S+2S+3S lights are on for a solid second or 2; then it goes back to blinking alternating. I've plugged the 3S cord into the 3S slot - and connected the main lead normally. I don't see documentation for this response, so I'm lost. I've tried it on the 5 batteries I have - so I'm guessing if there's an error it's in the charger - but I don't know what it is. All of the batteries are reporting low in my phantom.

I've always left mine on 1A for using my accucel 6 charging the Li-Po for my Fatshark Predator V2. It still seems really quick to me. Just recently got back into RC after a 15 year hiatus. Remember how long it used to take to charge those batteries back then!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4