what case?

Reaction score
I've been trying to decide between the GoPro professional case or the tough case xrv?I like the idea that a tough case has wheels but I think there's another model of the go pro professional but does have wheels.what I don't like about to talk to xrv is that it squishes down the props when I live is closed.
so if you guys could give me some input on this I'd really appreciate it.

There is another option I am considering. It has wheels and a pull handle but is a bit cheaper at $77 w/no foam. It also seems to have good reviews. Maybe a little small.

http://seahorse.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=74&search=se920

se920-lowres(2).jpg

I swear that's the same case as the tough case XRV without the custom molded foam bottom inside.
if you look at that case it's exactly the same one except for the motor foam.

if I'm not mistaken it has the same dimensions as the tough case XRV. Gotta be the same case.

I see this...

ToughCase XRV - 24 x 16 x 10
Seahorse SE-920 - 22.24 x 13.66 x 8.49

Unless one is listing outer dimensions and the other inner dimensions? :?:
They also make a larger one, the Seahorse SE-1220 that comes in at 25.52 X 19.5 X 13.08 for $141

aerial media sells one that will not push on the props and has wheels custom cut and will hold a iPad, think ahead you will only be putting more in it as you get extra tools ect...

LuvMyTJ said:
Seahorse SE-920 - 22.24 x 13.66 x 8.49

This is the case that is used by Tradecraft Cases http://www.tradecraftcases.com for their Phantom 2 Vision case. Now I know how much the pre-cut foam is valued. Nonetheless, it is a very rugged case and travels well.

I just ordered the trade craft case. I guess it's not to big of a deal to take off the props. Or maybe get thinner egg crate foam for the top. Looks like goprofesional used thinner foam at top for this reason. But that's from looking at pics of them

Sounds like you made up your mind, but I have the GoProfessional for the P2 and the props definitely touch the egg crate foam on the top. I think as long as you are only using it for transporting and not storage full-time you will be ok. I leave mine in the case, but with the lid open.

You could easily cut some relief into the top egg crate to allow for better prop clearance; however, I have not felt the need to do this. I've transported my P2 in this case since day one and I've flown about 10 times and I have had no issues at all.

Can't wait to see what you think of the case you got!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I talked to tradecraft , their making the foam thinner in the top so you can keep the props on.

Mori55 said:
I talked to tradecraft , their making the foam thinner in the top so you can keep the props on.

Nice! Are they making it overall thinner? If so, any concern with the other compartments being a little too loose?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I got mine from Helipal.

Fits ALL of my stuffs.

Phantom 2 with stock radio.
4 batteries + 3 chargers.
Black Pearl LCD + folded hood + charger.
Spare motors.
4 pair of props.

Fink said:
Mori55 said:

Nice! Are they making it overall thinner? If so, any concern with the other compartments being a little too loose?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif
just top piece in the lid. I just got mine and it works great. Everything is snug and it barley touches the props.

Just got the Sea Horse case and have it fitted. It rocks.
Fits my P2, FPV monitor, extra props, batteries, transmitter, antennas with room to spare.
Check out the pic

Attachments

• IMG_4735.JPG
    IMG_4735.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 371
I liked this guy's suggestion: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qtAKRE1VCA&list=PLzvKHG3cGXvDfg4Y3QVgrGzW92CzI4rwW[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj