What case can be purchased for Vision 2+?

Awesome pics of the GoProfessional Backpack. I was thinking of getting that exact model for travelling with the phantom, as carrying a hard case around all day isn't practical.

Just wondering, along with the basic Phantom 2 Vision+ and a couple of spare batteries, is there room to fit a regular Nikon/Canon DSLR camera with a short standard lens into the same bag?

Thanks for the advice. The bag is pretty hefty, perfect for carrying the Phantom around with lots of pockets to spare. Squeezing a full-frame DSLR is probably a bit too optimistic. Thanks again.

i love the book bag theme (i'm a huge fan of book bags i have at least 15) but i can't see myself taking things apart every time i pack it up. i didnt even want to take the props off when i was working with the original box it came in. i couldn't wait till i got my case

hwb2107 said:
Lim said:
I also like the GoPro backpack after through comparison with a case.

Pro for a backpack:
-lighter and more mobile. Carry a 13-17 lb case + phantom would be close to 20 lb. Not ideal for hiking. Even for the ones that have wheels, they would be hard to drag it around.

Pro for a case:
-seems better protection. Good for travel on a plane when you have to check in the luggage. Not sure the backpack would survival after piling up with many other luggage.

One possible solution for both worlds is get gopro backpack and a regular "empty" case. When have the travel, put the backpack in the case.

I haven't purchased the backpack yet, could someone put some picture and info on how much protection it provides? Thanks in advance.

Attached are photos of the backpack loaded with gear. Coca-Cola bottle for size comparison.

After just 1 day of use, I love this thing. Tons of extra storage for all of my accessories, lots of external pockets. In total, I had loaded the following:

-- P2V+ and controller, stock configuration
-- 6 P2V+ batteries (1 in the P2V+)
-- 4 P2V+ battery chargers
-- 4 32GB Micro SD cards
-- iPhone, iPhone charger
-- Samsung Galaxy, charger
-- 4 props in main compartment
-- 5 spare props (could hold many more if needed)
-- digital Canon camera
-- cigarette lighter charger for P2V+ battery
-- rechargeable AA batteries for controller and charger
-- manuals / cheat sheets
-- all of my FAA / HR sheets + proof of ownership and liability insurance
-- a few carabiners and utility ropes (not visible)

The bag came with a free lanyard for the controller.

The only modification was to cut out a tiny bit of foam. Shown in lower right of second photo is the pairing knife used to cut it, and the tiny piece of foam - about 1 inch square. This allowed for the 6th battery to be inserted in one of the holes that was 98% cut the correct size and shape.

At first, I was cautious about the lack of padding immediately on top of the motors, but after tossing this around all day on the farm, I'm not concerned. I'm simply careful when I close the top on it and when I zip it up. I wouldn't want to have excessive weight in the front outer pocket (not more than the 4 chargers), since that part technically rests on top of the drone.

Direct link to bag: http://www.goprocases.com/visionbackpac ... ition.aspx (note, this is the Vision model, NOT the Phantom 2 model)

Thanks.

Thanks for the great pictures and Info. My vision plus finally arrived today from Amazon.

I just pulled the trigger brought the GoPro backpack. :mrgreen:

srandall25 said:
ocphantom said:
srandall25 said:
I really like the goprocases from the pics... very nice.

See links below. I've been seeing a lot of these with different vendors slapping their names on them:
1) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Backpack-Bag-fo ... 35d49f1ffb
2) http://www.canadadrones.com/DJI-Phantom ... pack-1.htm
3) http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/phantom-2- ... 1356-p.asp

They all look identical to me...

No shipping to USA :(
#1 and #2 both ship to USA.

Got one here for $165 shipped. Hope its in stock. It let me add 200 units to my cart so not sure of their inventory is up to date.

http://www.uavproducts.com/product.php?id_product=275

myvrodrocks said:
4wd said:
This rather boxy backpack style looks useful.
They have them at quadcopters.co.uk for less than amazon price

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6e4OTnWvtw[/youtube]

I had the tradecraft case. Sold it and got this backpack. Could not be happier. Take your case outdoors and you will quickly understand...

I have just received this case by courier and it's perfect for the Vision Plus.
You have to spin off the props but this makes the case compact and very manageable to throw in a vehicle or carry.
I've seen apparently the same case on ebay and various other outlets so quite widely available.
You can keep one battery in the quad, then get in probably up to four more.

The charger will fit in but I think the odd time I'd take it I would prefer to have it separate.
Perhaps for storage in the house that would be a good way to keep things together.

I finally received my case for Phantom 2 Vision +

Here is my basic review of model HPRC 2700 WPHA2

Advantages
- Fits perfectly ( need a little cut foam as this case is generally for non plus )
- It is really good quality foam, and case really strong.
- Can put everything you need and all accessories

Disadvantages
- It is really heavy case. With full equipment 12,5kg :))))
- It is also a big case. I was trying to buy something I can take into Airplane but now i really doubt.
- Size 24,4 x 20,47x 10,83"

Attachments

• 20140507_175006_Android.jpg
    20140507_175006_Android.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 503
  • 20140507_173414_Android.jpg
    20140507_173414_Android.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 466
  • 20140507_181711_Android.jpg
    20140507_181711_Android.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 504
mchrol said:

Advantages
- Fits perfectly ( need a little cut foam as this case is generally for non plus )

Disadvantages
- It is also a big case. I was trying to buy something I can take into Airplane but now i really doubt.

What do you mean "need a little cut foam?" Did you modify the depth of the Plus cutout? May I ask how you did that, please? I have the same case and my Plus props sit just slightly above the foam. Hasn't really caused an issue, but slightly below would be a quicker close on the lid without being worried about pinching something.

PhilAnderson said:
mchrol said:

Advantages

Disadvantages

What do you mean "need a little cut foam?" Did you modify the depth of the Plus cutout? May I ask how you did that, please? I have the same case and my Plus props sit just slightly above the foam. Hasn't really caused an issue, but slightly below would be a quicker close on the lid without being worried about pinching something.

if you skip to 9:10 on this video you'll see how i cut it out
http://youtu.be/LqEXQHveYfE
also an exacto knife goes through this foam like a hot knife through butter. literally.

PhilAnderson said:
mchrol said:

Advantages

Disadvantages

Generally i cut some space at the center bottom of case. Check middle photo i placed two posts ago. I suggest to do so. You could bend your props and beside of that this case is made to keep props inside foam.

BTW , have you try fit in that case Prop guards ? Will theese fit ?

hwb2107 said:
Attached are photos of the backpack loaded with gear. Coca-Cola bottle for size comparison.

After just 1 day of use, I love this thing. Tons of extra storage for all of my accessories, lots of external pockets. In total, I had loaded the following:

-- P2V+ and controller, stock configuration
-- 6 P2V+ batteries (1 in the P2V+)
-- 4 P2V+ battery chargers
-- 4 32GB Micro SD cards
-- iPhone, iPhone charger
-- Samsung Galaxy, charger
-- 4 props in main compartment
-- 5 spare props (could hold many more if needed)
-- digital Canon camera
-- cigarette lighter charger for P2V+ battery
-- rechargeable AA batteries for controller and charger
-- manuals / cheat sheets
-- all of my FAA / HR sheets + proof of ownership and liability insurance
-- a few carabiners and utility ropes (not visible)

The bag came with a free lanyard for the controller.

The only modification was to cut out a tiny bit of foam. Shown in lower right of second photo is the pairing knife used to cut it, and the tiny piece of foam - about 1 inch square. This allowed for the 6th battery to be inserted in one of the holes that was 98% cut the correct size and shape.

At first, I was cautious about the lack of padding immediately on top of the motors, but after tossing this around all day on the farm, I'm not concerned. I'm simply careful when I close the top on it and when I zip it up. I wouldn't want to have excessive weight in the front outer pocket (not more than the 4 chargers), since that part technically rests on top of the drone.

Direct link to bag: http://www.goprocases.com/visionbackpac ... ition.aspx (note, this is the Vision model, NOT the Phantom 2 model)

Thanks.

Thanks for the review. Looks like this will fit as a carry-on? Also, would you be comfortable checking this if necessary? And finally, what specifically are the papers that you carry around.

Appreciate it.

This is what I did for a legal size airline carry-on option.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12842&start=20

SKB 3i-2011-7b-c
22x14x9

Not perfect, but the lesser of many evils. Interisland commuter flights are a little more strict in Hawaii, although I've seen occasions when they've allowed hugely oversized carry-ons...

Quick question can we carry this case as a carry on in a plane ?
thanks

neoneo said:
PhilAnderson said:
mchrol said:

Advantages

Disadvantages

if you skip to 9:10 on this video you'll see how i cut it out
http://youtu.be/LqEXQHveYfE
also an exacto knife goes through this foam like a hot knife through butter. literally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20