What case can be purchased for Vision 2+?

a vision + case just went up on amazon.

its $129, not sure how well it really would fit the vision + or if the phantom in the pictures really is a vision+.

I ordered one and will get it on Tuesday and post more photos/video about it and let everyone know if it really works for the vision+.

xenon said:
Thanks for the replies.

I really like the look and functionality of the HPRC 2700PHA2. I was just curious about the other options available.

I placed my order for the HPRC 2700PHA2 a few mins ago. I can't really wait for the case manufactures to catch up. I will just trim the foam out if needed.

I've got the Aussie version of that case. They seem to be all over the world with different stickers. (can't beat the Chinese) It's really good. I watched a few pick and pluck vids on Youtube so I didn't stuff it up. I don't think it matters anyway, you can get the cubed foam anywhere.

MikesTooLz said:
a vision + case just went up on amazon.

its $129, not sure how well it really would fit the vision + or if the phantom in the pictures really is a vision+.

I ordered one and will get it on Tuesday and post more photos/video about it and let everyone know if it really works for the vision+.

By the way, Mike you're a bastard.
The number of times I've swatted your bug! :D

Vision 2+ in the Tradecraft case formerly occupied by my Vision 2. As has been documented, the legs are a little taller but no real issues with fit. I thought I read someplace that the foam needed to be trimmed for the controller but as you can see here, it fits fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 434
Scottrod said:
The main reason I went with the tradecraft instead of the HPRC2700 was the fact it's longer but narrower. It will fit in a luggage compartment on a plane.
I'm also looking for something which is airline carry on approved. Strictly speaking that means it is 22x14x9 inches or less and the phantom still fits. Do you have a link for the one you got?

MikeySoft said:
Scottrod said:
The main reason I went with the tradecraft instead of the HPRC2700 was the fact it's longer but narrower. It will fit in a luggage compartment on a plane.
I'm also looking for something which is airline carry on approved. Strictly speaking that means it is 22x14x9 inches or less and the phantom still fits. Do you have a link for the one you got?
Never mine. Its 24x18x10

http://www.tradecraftcases.com/shop/tou ... -2-vision/

MikeySoft said:
MikeySoft said:
Scottrod said:
Never mine. Its 24x18x10

It's not "airline approved" size but it's the perfect size and RARELY get told I can't carry it on.

Scottrod said:
MikeySoft said:
Scottrod said:

Never mine. Its 24x18x10

It's not "airline approved" size but it's the perfect size and RARELY get told I can't carry it on.
Yes, I've see people carry on bags way too big without being told to check it. I think it depends on the airline and how full they are.

I would like to see one a little smaller.

Sounds like you taken yours on many airline trips?

I have taken it on a plane three times. So I would not necessarily say I've taken it a lot. I have only heard of other members being told that they can't carry it on. I have never had an issue even in the planes that were packed. The only time it will not fit in the overhead compartment is on the really really small puddle jumper planes.

tlastrange said:
Vision 2+ in the Tradecraft case formerly occupied by my Vision 2. As has been documented, the legs are a little taller but no real issues with fit. I thought I read someplace that the foam needed to be trimmed for the controller but as you can see here, it fits fine.
There's a small square piece of foam under the legs I took out and it sits down a little farther in the arm cradles.

If you're dead-set on a "case", then I can't really make a recommendation, but I've got a GoProfessional Vision Backpack, and it's basically perfect. Even better than a case for me because I don't feel like I'm carrying a small nuclear device around in public. Another benefit, at least for me, is that in addition to the form-fitted foam, it's got a TON of extra space for other paraphernalia in various pockets. It's also very comfortable to wear. It is not small by any means, but certainly neither is a hardcase.

Cheap? definitely not, but as with most of the $200 cases, quality runneth over. Very satisfied with this, FWIW: http://www.goprocases.com/visionbackpac ... ition.aspx

They actually sent me the wrong one (Phantom, not vision) initially, which means it didn't fit the controller because of the repeater, but upon notifying them, they immediately sent out another along with a box and return label for the original one. I got it the next day. I thought they were very responsive and apologetic, so +1 for support as well.

Attachments

• 2014-04-24 17.13.24.jpg
    2014-04-24 17.13.24.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 548
  • 2014-04-24 17.12.53.jpg
    2014-04-24 17.12.53.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 531
  • 2014-04-24 17.12.46.jpg
    2014-04-24 17.12.46.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 542
w0by said:
I bought this from Ebay, they sent it out the same day and I received it yesterday. My p2v+ fits perfectly along with 4 batteries, the remote/wifi extender/cell phone holder and my extra propellers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281311448031?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
looks like this one too
Carrying Case for DJI Phantom 2 Vision / Phantom 2 Aluminum case by Red Rock http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IB2Z14Y/ref ... ytb1T87E9Q

Btw tradecraft cases is supposedly releasing a Vision plus case May 10th. I might hold out for that.

I like Pelican cases as they are very rugged and water tight. I have about 10K in photogear and live in florida, I shoot alot of fishing tournaments. Want the protection for impact and water tight. I also use a large rolling Pelican case for all my AR15 when I go to the range. If anyone has come across a "specific" case from Pelican let me know. Thanks people............... :D

Scottrod said:
+1 on the Tradecraft ToughCase XRV. It's very high quality. I was between that, the GoProfessional, and the 2700PHA2 from B&H and decided on the tradecraft. I must say it is quality. Very happy with it. Plenty of room for extra stuff.

This message is on the Tradecraft Toughcase XVR page

"This case is not for the Phantom 2 Vision+ (Also known as the Phantom Vision Plus). DJI made a small design change to the transmitter and Cell Phone holder that require us to make a small revision to the foam design. We expect availability approximately May 10th of our newly updated design. Watch this space for updates."

every case i've seen has the props resting above (and outside) the foam and at lest one prop is too close to the transmitter. placing the case on its side, the transmitter has at least a half an inch to move around putting pressure on the prop over it (or next to it). the only case i've seen that prevents that and has wheels is the HPRC HPRC2700WPHA2 Wheeled Hard Case. I'm gonna have to go with that one. i'll let you guys know how it goes. i'll do a video review on youtube.

xenon said:
The P2V+ fits perfectly in the case I purchased.

phantom.jpg

What is on the underside of the phantom...is there foam on the bottom supporting the camera/gimbal or does it float above a layer of bottom foam?

rostov007 said:
What is on the underside of the phantom...is there foam on the bottom supporting the camera/gimbal or does it float above a layer of bottom foam?

The gimbal does not touch, it just floats above the bottom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers