Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What can I do with a DJI extra controller?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Aerial Entertainment Studios, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Hello all,

I recently crashed my P2V+ in the ocean and lost it forever. I have ordered a replacement unit but am left with a leftover controller (with wi-fi range extender) that essentially is useless.

I was wondering if there could be any use for it and if you have an opinion on this. If I purchase a non DJI product like a waterproof quad, can the DJI controller be used ? If so, how easy is it to pair the remote and the copter?

Your help on this would be appreciated.

2. Mal_PV2_Ireland

You could hang it over your fireplace, its a bit too heavy for an earing ;)

3. davephantom

Is it possible to bind one phantom to 2 controllers? I very much want to do a shot that could only be done with 2 operators and a controller handoff. To go out up through a forest canopy then when above someone else with line of sight fly it back. I understand having two inputs at the same time would be bad but it would be easy to sync. Possible?

4. Geoelectro

No. Only one controller at a time. You have to bind the phantom to a different controller. That can't be done in the air!

Geo

5. Woody

I have an extra one too, hoping to find a good deal on a Phantom without controller so it's just a backup for now. Been watching the price of the PVT581 controller on eBay, some sell used for about $50 without the signal booster and up to $169 new from a dealer. I'd like to know why the 5.8 ghz controller is so much more than the 2.4 ghz when purchased from a dealer.