What battery do you put in your transmitter

Reaction score
It says to put AA battery's in so can I put lithium ion AA battery in as they are 3.6 volts and the AA alkaline energizer is 1.5 volts

Put 1.5v AA batteries in it. They last forever and they are what the tx is designed for.

Tmesis said:
Put 1.5v AA batteries in it. They last forever and they are what the tx is designed for.

How long is "forever"? I've had mine in doe 2.5 months now, and don't seem to have any bad effects. Should I be checking voltage on the cels to determine replacement time?

I use Eneloop XXX' rechargeable batteries in mine and have no control issues out to 2000m so far. I always keep an extra set around just in case but they seem to last a really long time.

DaveTown said:
Tmesis said:

How long is "forever"? I've had mine in doe 2.5 months now, and don't seem to have any bad effects. Should I be checking voltage on the cels to determine replacement time?
Yes, check the voltage.
My batteries went dead mid flight. Phantom went into RTH and I could not regain control. Although it did land about a foot from where it took off.

I use eneloops too, and since they are rechargeable I just swap them out every month or so. The only time I had my tx beep low battery at me, it went dead within 30 seconds (which I suspect also happened to gen3), definitely not enough time to get home and land. I'm not sure if that's because of the NiMH, but I took it as a sign to always have fresh batteries in it and not let it get low.

I have about 15 flights or so, around 10 minutes each, so roughly 150 minutes.

The AA's when full are around 1.6 volts.

Right now they are sitting at 1.42 Volts each.

Batteries are considered dead around 1.3 volts.

So with these rough numbers AA batteries should be good for around 300 minutes of flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20