What aspect ratio do you shoot?

Reaction score
As a photographer with a dSLR I am accustomed to the 3:2 format, but of course the Phantom doesn't shoot this. Do you shoot in 4:3 or 16:9 for your still photos?

4:3 for stills; that way, I can utilise the full 12MP of the sensor, and I can always crop to 16:9 if desired or if in a video.

Reactions: Brent10 and Kman
As a photographer with a dSLR I am accustomed to the 3:2 format, but of course the Phantom doesn't shoot this. Do you shoot in 4:3 or 16:9 for your still photos?
It doesn't make much sense to shoot 16:9 because in this format the camera just chops off the top and bottom of the 4:3 photo.
Most photographers would rather have a bigger image and choose what cropping they want rather than have it done for them.

Reactions: mudrephoto
It doesn't make much sense to shoot 16:9 because in this format the camera just chops off the top and bottom of the 4:3 photo.
Most photographers would rather have a bigger image and choose what cropping they want rather than have it done for them.
Indeed. Thanks!

Thank you also. I just learned something too. Gotta love knowledgeable people and these forums. Again. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31