What are your thoughts on this guy's flight over NYC?

Reaction score
Newbie here with a question about this video I saw.

The video in question.

So, it's pretty cool footage, but right from the start, all I could think of was, "Is this guy allowed to do this?"

I clicked on Central Park in the AirMap app on my phone, and it was lit up yellow and red by a whole slew of heliports and and airports and a temporary restricted NFZ due to a VIP in the area.

Dude probably shouldn't have made this flight, correct?

What are the chances that you'd actually get clearance from all those nearby places to actually make this flight?

Last edited:
Reactions: daveziggy98
I too think it's a cool video, but i'm sure he wasn't given clearance to fly to all those places.

Welcome to the forums.

While it is was an extremely risky flight and currently against most of the rules put into place but it was filmed prior to the "official" rules. I wouldn't try that now.

I would be more concerned that I stayed out of the Class B (sfc) inner ring atvJFK. and how to 'self announce' in the Hudson River exclusions. Surprising, there is actually a lot of space around NYC where you could fly. Of course, there are likely to be all kind of NFZs and TFRs in/around NYC.

I would be more concerned that I stayed out of the Class B (sfc) inner ring atvJFK. and how to 'self announce' in the Hudson River exclusions. Surprising, there is actually a lot of space around NYC where you could fly. Of course, there are likely to be all kind of NFZs and TFRs in/around NYC.
Red Hook seems to be one of the few waterfront areas not under any regulations.

obama flew af1 over nyc, so under equal protection clause of constitution, yes it is legal.
your only problem is lynch has never read the constitution.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20