what are your Gain Settings?

Reaction score
What are your Gain Settings?

i read this about gains being to high?
"when the machine is stable and say a gust of wind comes along and shifts it off a level attitude the avionics adjusts the motors to correct the induced change, the extent of change ( gain) determines how much correction is applied and how quickly.

apply too little and the craft does not respond well to corrections either from you or the avionics. say the gain is 5 and the correction input is 0.25 or 25% then that gets magnified to 1.25 or 125% or if 10 then 2.5 or 250% and so on. but increase the gain too much and the controller over corrects leading to a counter correction and you get a swinging or oscillating effect as the craft tries to correct, over corrects, then corrects that and so on until it finds an equilibrium state."

anybody use something different then factory? :shock:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 2.03.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 2.03.21 PM.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 687
Mine are the same as the image above. Which are the factory shipped values. Have not needed to change as it handles great and is super stable.

xgeek said:
Mine are the same as the image above. Which are the factory shipped values. Have not needed to change as it handles great and is super stable.

do you notice when it is trying to hold its GPS position that the motors are "jerky" ? almost seems overpowered to me... :shock:

Not noticed. It hovers well.

Kelso Kubat said:
do you nice that when it is trying to hold its GPS position that the motors are "jerky" ? almost seems overpowered to me... :shock:

This depends a lot on the conditions you are flying in. I don't like playing with gain settings. I have yet to see a good explanation of what is happening when they are adjusted. I think there is a whole lotta guessing going on.

took my phantom out today and notice it wants to throttle upwards really fast without me telling it to. just left it in a hover about 15 ft off the ground and it wanted to drift in the wrong direction as soon as i throttled forward. it started going up like crazy maybe 40 ft. it felt like i was having to fight it to keep it in its position.

Did a compass & EMU compass recalibration in the assis software... running NAZA m V2. Futaba 8fg controller.
>6 satellites (no reds)
Compass "dance" successful..
all green lights. it just wants to drift around a bit.
i am also in the mountains in colorado. does that have a anything to do with it? :shock:

Kelso Kubat said:
What are your Gain Settings?

i read this about gains being to high?
"when the machine is stable and say a gust of wind comes along and shifts it off a level attitude the avionics adjusts the motors to correct the induced change, the extent of change ( gain) determines how much correction is applied and how quickly.

apply too little and the craft does not respond well to corrections either from you or the avionics. say the gain is 5 and the correction input is 0.25 or 25% then that gets magnified to 1.25 or 125% or if 10 then 2.5 or 250% and so on. but increase the gain too much and the controller over corrects leading to a counter correction and you get a swinging or oscillating effect as the craft tries to correct, over corrects, then corrects that and so on until it finds an equilibrium state."

anybody use something different then factory? :shock:

Are you in Phantom or Nazam Mode?

My default settings are 125% 125% 100% 100%
125% 125%

Your attachment is what my gain settings defaulted to with the original P2 Firmware.
Quite a big difference.

I'm in Nazam Mode. Running the Latest Firmware, P2 (orig.) W/H3-3D
I thought after firmware 1.07 or whatever the first one was, DJI dropped the defaults gain levels to what mine are.

DJI didnt change the p2 default gains, its 120,120,120,200.220.220 as shown in the first pic for all p2s out of the box no matter the firmware. what happened was he hit the default button on the gain page which dropped em back to the much lower settings. which i believe are the gains the p1 shipped with if im not mistaken. the stock default gains it comes with are supposed to be for a p2 with the gimbal and gopro. as you add or remove things your gains should change accordingly.

xtonex said:
DJI didnt change the p2 default gains, its 120,120,120,200.220.220 as shown in the first pic for all p2s out of the box no matter the firmware. what happened was he hit the default button on the gain page which dropped em back to the much lower settings. which i believe are the gains the p1 shipped with if im not mistaken. the stock default gains it comes with are supposed to be for a p2 with the gimbal and gopro. as you add or remove things your gains should change accordingly.

I did hit default and those lower settings are what popped up.
You are saying that the P2 w/Zenmuse and Gopro are supposed to be the higher values?
Is there a DJI document that shows that?

Mine fly's a little sloppy with the lower default values but i was under the assumption that DJI lowered the default values for a reason so I didn't change them back up.

Xrover said:
xtonex said:

I did hit default and those lower settings are what popped up.
You are saying that the P2 w/Zenmuse and Gopro are supposed to be the higher values?
Is there a DJI document that shows that?

Mine fly's a little sloppy with the lower default values but i was under the assumption that DJI lowered the default values for a reason so I didn't change them back up.

Yessir! I dont remember seeing it any p2 documentation about it anywhere. and those lower settings would def explain sloppy flying for sure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers