What are your default gains?

Reaction score
Only had my P2 a few weeks and as shipped my gains where set as per the below image:-

While in the Phantom assistant I pressed the default gains button and it set the gains as per this image:-

Was a bit surprised with the difference between the 2, but put the gains back to how they were in the first image as my Phantom has been flying okay.

Just curious why the default gains are so different to how my Phantom was shipped?.

Attachments

• Factory.png
    Factory.png
    22 KB · Views: 749
  • Default.png
    Default.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 756
<mine were the same as your top ones out of the box. I have since changed them though to alter few things mine are

120% 110% 120% 190%
220% 220%

my basic roll has been lowered as it sat over to the right face on. and vertical has been altered as it kept rising, a lil bit. I am still playing with them trying to get them perfect. None come out of the box perfect and they all differ

mine were all 120 at top and 220 at bottom.
They might batch edit them dunno

I'm completely new. I'll be picking up my bird tomorrow. It looks like I'm in for a lot of things to do before I can fly it. On to your gain topic. Doesn't calibrating your control sticks also come into play. I would think ideally flying in GPS you could take off and go up a little and let the sticks lose to center (I assume they are spring loaded) and the bird should just hover & stay without drifting up, down, to the side or rotate any. What am I missing? To me, I would think the gains you are talking about is how sensitive stick movements affect do what they're suppose to do. Like I say, I'm new and have never flown a remote controlled anything. I use to fly free flight model airplanes back in the 50s.

Bluegrass said:
I'm completely new. I'll be picking up my bird tomorrow. It looks like I'm in for a lot of things to do before I can fly it. On to your gain topic. Doesn't calibrating your control sticks also come into play. I would think ideally flying in GPS you could take off and go up a little and let the sticks lose to center (I assume they are spring loaded) and the bird should just hover & stay without drifting up, down, to the side or rotate any. What am I missing? To me, I would think the gains you are talking about is how sensitive stick movements affect do what they're suppose to do. Like I say, I'm new and have never flown a remote controlled anything. I use to fly free flight model airplanes back in the 50s.

Your not wrong you do have that control too

Attitude gain

but you also have

basic gain

the one we are discussing

Best adjustment to mine came with a 10% reduction in roll gain thanks to RUSHNREADY - no more drifting to the left. I think all machines are slightly different though. I've made other tweaks but this was the most effective.

UKKey said:
Best adjustment to mine came with a 10% reduction in roll gain thanks to RUSHNREADY - no more drifting to the left. I think all machines are slightly different though. I've made other tweaks but this was the most effective.
just rememebr when you update the firm ware that this will effect your gains its best to reset and start again on every update

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
UKKey said:
just rememebr when you update the firm ware that this will effect your gains its best to reset and start again on every update

Before you do updates SAVE your settings to desktop

My gains are still set as they were out of the box and so far, I have had no reason to change them. Even after mounting my GoPro to it, all is well.

Just my $.02,

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink are they the same as in the first image I posted or the second?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik