What are your average flight times?

Reaction score
My P3P has been performing flawlessly, however, I am consistently averaging around 18-19 minutes of flight time per battery. I have three new batteries that I make sure are cared for. No crazy flying and conditions have been pretty good here in Pittsburgh. Low battery is set to 30% and I usually try to land at around 20% or sometimes slightly less.

What are others experiencing? I was hoping to be in the low to mid 20's but really can't complain.

That's about right. It depends on wind conditions, and whether you're hovering or flying aggressively. And even if you're hovering in a stiff wind, it's essentially flying into the wind to stay still, so it will use more power.

srweaver,

Same here, about 19 minutes every time. I am in the Pittsburgh area also, so I'm flying in probably the same conditions.

Yep sounds about right. I rarely go below 30. Aim for 15 min ish just in case you need the extra time.

It might just be psychological, but I feel that using waypoints eats up battery way faster.
We are intent on getting the points mapped so there is adquate time to fly the waypoints before having to land. Just taking that extra time makes in setting the waypoints eats the time up-- by the time you set 5 or 6, fly them-- it is time to land-- just have to save the layout and fly another battery.:D

Reactions: srweaver69
My P3P has been performing flawlessly, however, I am consistently averaging around 18-19 minutes of flight time per battery. I have three new batteries that I make sure are cared for. No crazy flying and conditions have been pretty good here in Pittsburgh. Low battery is set to 30% and I usually try to land at around 20% or sometimes slightly less.

What are others experiencing? I was hoping to be in the low to mid 20's but really can't complain.
Lately with non stop problems with my phantom the battery has lasted 23+ minutes(a lot of hovering)... Although now the phantom is running smooth. Was able to get out 8000' with a tilted horizon today. With a not so good LOS. The factory battery that came with the phantom that has been charged 36 times lasted 18 minutes and landed with 26% battery.

I think 23 minutes is about what you can expect only if you are hovering in place with very little/no wind. I fly in a pretty windy area, and I also fly somewhat aggressively and I get between 16-19 minutes coming back with about 30% left.

Getting about 19min average across 24 flights.
Wind is moderate most of the time around 10MPH +/-
Data from HealthDrones.com
HealthyDrones_com_-_Innovative_Flight_Data_Analysis_That_Matters.jpg

As rule, I've gotten into the habit of landing at 50% battery which usually averages me about 11-12 minutes in the air. I think 11-12 minutes of 4K video is plenty for me. Also, in this amount of time I've been able to loop on average 4-5 miles of terrain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers