what are these screw holes?

Reaction score
i read that the phantom comes out of the box with the transmitter set at half range, and to boost it to full range you turn the screw clockwise until it stops. imagine my surprise when i discovered 2 screw holes. can anyone explain their functions to me plz?

933ea9c1ece3d5a04ab1f32a577e9015.png

Ones for turning up the transmitter and one is for channels 7 lever, and the other is for the transmitter case screw.

Top 2 holes lead to potentiometers - the top one can have a lever fitted which allows you to tilt the camera (called 7th channel hack). The bottom one is another potentiometer which allows the user to select either EC specification of FCC specification. The difference is the EC spec is a less powerful transmitting power than the FCC.

;)

sweet thanks, just found that little lever for sale, guess i'll grab one it doesnt look to difficult to install, and ive entered fcc mode, and took it way out beyond my field of view, couldnt do that before, i love this quad man, thanks guys..... :D

Sketch6995 said:
sweet thanks, just found that little lever for sale, guess i'll grab one it doesnt look to difficult to install, and ive entered fcc mode, and took it way out beyond my field of view, couldnt do that before, i love this quad man, thanks guys..... :D

You need to read the thread on the 7th channel hack before you attempt the lever fit as it needs some care and settings changes within the phantom assistant software its not just a case of fitting the lever on its own !!

;)

pyrophantom said:
Top 2 holes lead to potentiometers - the top one can have a lever fitted which allows you to tilt the camera (called 7th channel hack). The bottom one is another potentiometer which allows the user to select either EC specification of FCC specification. The difference is the EC spec is a less powerful transmitting power than the FCC.

;)
Is this as simple as just enabling it?
Or are other changes required ...

with the Vision+ no hack is required for the chan7 lever, it works out of box
However people are reporting that it only works when not using the live camera view in the vision app, so its kind of pointless at the moment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl