What are the .srt files for?

Hi Matt,

I tried the commands as you wisely noticed were missing from the ReadMe file, but got the following from Terminal:

Mac-mini-149:Desktop Mark$ cd /Users/Mark/Desktop/Geo-Distance-0.20
Mac-mini-149:Geo-Distance-0.20 Mark$ perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: prerequisite Test::Fatal 0.007 not found. We have 0.006.
Writing Makefile for Geo::Distance
Mac-mini-149:Geo-Distance-0.20 Mark$ make
-bash: make: command not found
Mac-mini-149:Geo-Distance-0.20 Mark$ make test
Mac-mini-149:Geo-Distance-0.20 Mark$ make install

Looks like it failed some test?
Thanks,
Mark

Yes. What level of OS X do you have? I thought tools like make were part of the official release by now, but they may be only part of the Developer Tools. Those are free, but it is a large download. You'd not have done since I see you are not very familiar with unix.

If you want to keep pursuing this download that from Apple, install it, then try the 'make' steps.

You probably would not have started this if you'd realized how many steps were involved, eh? Sorry I didn't realize that folks would need those tools.

Yes. What level of OS X do you have? I thought tools like make were part of the official release by now, but they may be only part of the Developer Tools. Those are free, but it is a large download. You'd not have done since I see you are not very familiar with unix.

If you want to keep pursuing this download that from Apple, install it, then try the 'make' steps.

You probably would not have started this if you'd realized how many steps were involved, eh? Sorry I didn't realize that folks would need those tools.

Hi Matt,

Yes, I'm beginning to think you are right.
I did check out the Apple Developer's page but I can see it'll require a lot more time than I have to commit right now.
Is it possible to compile a perl (or text) file that could be run on a Mac (in Terminal) without requiring to go through as many other hoops or steps as we're seeing? I'm sure many other USA users would prefer to see their .SRT telemetry flies displayed in Imperial units instead of Metric, and the distance and speed you've made it calculate are very useful...

Hi Matt,

Yes, I'm beginning to think you are right.
I did check out the Apple Developer's page but I can see it'll require a lot more time than I have to commit right now.
Is it possible to compile a perl (or text) file that could be run on a Mac (in Terminal) without requiring to go through as many other hoops or steps as we're seeing? I'm sure many other USA users would prefer to see their .SRT telemetry flies displayed in Imperial units instead of Metric, and the distance and speed you've made it calculate are very useful...

I don't have any srt files to try it with but I uploaded a 7 MB executable to my google disk you could try. It should work the same way as the script. Totally untested though, I've never tried the conversion tool before.

Here is the link;

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Again Phantom Overlay allows you to add distance and bearing to your video, on top of the info from SRT. Event temperature, heart rate and battery level.
As the precision of the SRT is limited (11m between 2 coordinates), speed has not been integrated yet.
It's not a command line utility but an integrated Mac application. And by the way, it's free...

Enjoy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl