What are the props actually doing

You're all a bunch of heretics and should be burned as witches. That said, who wants to explain wind?

4wd said:
It's a good question, how does varying the speed of props make it turn on the spot ?

In the case of yaw, I believe OI Photography is correct. The copter applies more speed to the props that have a particular direction of rotation, which negates the counter-rotating propellers, making the Phantom spin. It uses the very torque that most of the time the copter is fighting to counteract.

Chuddly is correct, it is the pressure difference caused by the air moving faster over the top of the prop than it is underneath in the same way that a fixed wing produces lift. True, in a vacuum no air no lift but this is because there is no fluid in which to produce a pressure differential. As someone said earlier, pretty simple physics really.

I forgot about this thread! I like coming to a place and it doesnt seem odd all of us discussing crap like this LOL. My wife hears me talk about this stuff and she just says "your such a nerd" and goes on about her stuff LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20