What are the first steps??

Reaction score
I got my P2 today!!! Got everything assembled and charged...but...do I need to update firmware on the craft and the controller? How do u do this? There is so much info on this, but kinda scattered....anyone know of step by step on this part of it?

*i already installed the assistant software on my PC.....I also see there is a driver installer download, what is that for?....what gets plugged to what to do the firmware updates...

Do you have to do all this before flying?

Confused. Please help!

Mine flew fine right out of the box. Didn't have the invalid battery problems, but I decided to upgrade so that if the battery problem appeared, I could do a controlled landing instead of the Vision landing on top of a tree or worse. Plus the upgrade gives you the IOC option.
Suggest you read the following threads to see how to set up the firmware. The first one has the info, but as you say it is somewhat scattered. You need to install the driver for your operating system before doing the rest.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4027&p=27903#p27903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4027pic.php?f=7&t=3964

If you've just received your brand new Phantom Vision, go to DJI's website and follow Colin's Tutorials:
http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/

You'll find everything from video tutorials to drivers & software for your computer to connect to Vision & its Remote Controller. Vision is updated via USB from the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant program running on your computer. It can check your PV's current firmware & download & upgrade it for you (make sure you're registered on DJI's website so it can access the server to download).

Your Remote Controller is also updated via USB thru the RC Assistant Software running on your computer (you must remove 4-screws in the back to open it to access the microUSB port inside). If it fails on the first attempt, just wait 60 seconds, turn off the RC's power switch, turn it back on, and press update again in RC Assistant and it'll resume & complete the upgrade.

You'll find Software installation & Firmware upgrade instructions in Chapter 13 (p49-51) of the manual. Download the full User Manual here:
http://download.dji-innovations.com.../en/Phantom_2_Vision_User_Manual_v1.04_en.pdf

Do -not- fly your new PV without installing at least v1.05 firmware (current as of Nov 18).

iDrone

Thanks iDrone and mikeON! I appreciate the info and help.

mikeON, your first link doesn't work, can you repost? Thank again!

Also, I assume the micro SD card is Not included......at least I didn't see it in the box.

Is there a max size for the card ? I.e 4gb vs 40 gb ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4