What are the best upgrade motors for the phantom?

Reaction score
All,
Does anybody know what the best upgrade motors are for the phantom? Now that I have a gimble it feels like the stock motors are struggling...plus my flight time was cut to 7 mins..
1. Do upgraded motors improve flight time?
2. do upgraded props help?
3. is there such a thing as a 15 min flight time with a phantom?
All comments welcome
Zackspar

I have Tiger Motor Anti Gravs. With 9 inch props, no gimbal and dual batteries hanging off the outside of the Phantom I can get 20 minutes easy.

Ignore justsomeguy

So, to answer your questions.

1. There is anecdotal evidence that suggest upgraded motors improve flight times.
2. Absolutely upgraded props help. When lifting a heavy load with a gimbal and dual batteries GWS 9x5 tri-blade props help a lot.
3. With a gimbal, 15 minutes is pushing it. I can go to 11 minutes with gimbal, tri-blades and dual batteries but I've not tried really streamlining my battery usage.

Dewy on here has a nice dual-battery setup and he flies the Phantom a lot. He'll probably have more accurate answers for you.

netphreak said:
The absolute best I've seen is 18 minutes with the new phantom props, dual 2400mAh batteries, gimbal, fpv, upgrade board. Usually I can get right around 12 minutes with that setup when I'm flying hard.

Is that the new DJI 9 inch vision props? I do want to give them a try as the claimed vision flight times are pretty impressive. Have you put the vision on the scales yet id love to know how much that weighs? and have you guys managed to get 20min+ flights with that at all.

Ive never flown dual batts but my 1200g setup and a 2700 batt can get up to 11 minutes slow flying and about 8 minutes pushing it to its limits. I use tiger mt 2216 900kv motors and GWS 9050 triblades, the heavier the setup gets the more prop you want to avoid needing very high RPM to just hover which kills the battery life I found. Using 2200mah batts I get about 2 minutes shorter times then the 2700's.

Real time I got 21 minutes with the vision and the new props. We're trying to get a bunch made in carbon :) I didn't weigh the vision (it's currently in pieces for testing) but our top end craft is 1350g. I have some GWS 9x5 tri's coming this week to test out, I've been following your thread on those.

rilot said:
Ignore justsomeguy
So, to answer your questions.
1. There is anecdotal evidence that suggest upgraded motors improve flight times.
2. Absolutely upgraded props help. When lifting a heavy load with a gimbal and dual batteries GWS 9x5 tri-blade props help a lot.
3. With a gimbal, 15 minutes is pushing it. I can go to 11 minutes with gimbal, tri-blades and dual batteries but I've not tried really streamlining my battery usage.
Dewy on here has a nice dual-battery setup and he flies the Phantom a lot. He'll probably have more accurate answers for you.

+1, I got 11~13 minutes with dual 2700 mAh Thunder Power batts + Tri-Blades GWS 9x5" + Arris Gimbal + Dual Camera (FPV + GoPro H3) + simpleOSD + immersion 600 VTX. ( 1320 gr AUW )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues