What are some real use ranges people are getting within P3?

Mike, can you tell me how to post these pictures on this site. I've tried everything and all I get is a thumbnail sized picture.

I use tapatalk for iOS. On the screen, I press on the square with the little mountain and sun, then it takes me to my phone pics. I select one them it gives me this screen
5be6ba7874505ddceacdc0642bc05f7d.jpg

Click on the bust quality.
To be honest, I don't even know what it looks like on a compute/ laptop. When I use my phone, I get a full screen that I can zoom in and out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in the Arizona desert and can fly my P3P out over 4 miles with no problems. The issue is the battery, when I get back it's around 5%. Not good for the battery or my nerves. As soon as we have a good windless day, I'm going to attempt 5 miles. Wish me luck.
Hey Deputy Dog where are you flying at. I do my long range south of Chandler on the Indian reservation. Nice and flat. Just have to watch. I have permission by the farmer.

I use tapatalk for iOS. On the screen, I press on the square with the little mountain and sun, then it takes me to my phone pics. I select one them it gives me this screen
5be6ba7874505ddceacdc0642bc05f7d.jpg

Click on the bust quality.
To be honest, I don't even know what it looks like on a compute/ laptop. When I use my phone, I get a full screen that I can zoom in and out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Deputy Dog where are you flying at. I do my long range south of Chandler on the Indian reservation. Nice and flat. Just have to watch. I have permission by the farmer.
I'm North of Chino Valley, all wide open State land. It's fun to fly where there are no complaining cry babies.

Stock P3P 323A. This is my personal best that I don't plan to ever attempt again for a few important reasons:
1. There was ZERO allowable disconnects on this flight to make it back.
2. Flight over vehicles, people, property, boats a Publix and who knows what else.
3. Went into auto land 1/4 mile away, landed at 6%. Shut down at 1%.

That being said, it made it 4.2 miles out 8.6 total completely stock over all kinds of interference and could have gone further with a few more mAh.

It never disconnected but at 4.2 miles RC and HD both had a single red bar with the controller being held over my head and tilted back trying not to dump the iPad on my face. Echoing again, once was enough.

81fd45f4e96ba6a235e73ea68e0c3b43.jpg

fad2106b040ac6275f1bbf1f9353b896.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
holy crap... that is awesome.

Stock P3P 323A. This is my personal best that I don't plan to ever attempt again for a few important reasons:
1. There was ZERO allowable disconnects on this flight to make it back.
2. Flight over vehicles, people, property, boats a Publix and who knows what else.
3. Went into auto land 1/4 mile away, landed at 6%. Shut down at 1%.

That being said, it made it 4.2 miles out 8.6 total completely stock over all kinds of interference and could have gone further with a few more mAh.

It never disconnected but at 4.2 miles RC and HD both had a single red bar with the controller being held over my head and tilted back trying not to dump the iPad on my face. Echoing again, once was enough.

81fd45f4e96ba6a235e73ea68e0c3b43.jpg

fad2106b040ac6275f1bbf1f9353b896.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You have got bigger then I do. Long flight

HI! I was reading this thread and saw all these posters getting 2 miles out easily. I live in a rural area with houses every half mile or so. I usually start losing signal around 5000ft feet out. I've gotten out 5500ft feet once with signal dropping out quite a bit. Last week I lost the drone at 5100 ft and triggered rth. There is a cell tower about a mile away, but it doesn't make a difference which direction I fly, I always break up right around 5000ft. I start out at 100ft altitude and keep going up when signal gets weak. Ending up around 400ft when I lose signal. I keep my antennas lined up carefully. I could sure use another 1500 feet....lol...

Mike, can you tell me how to post these pictures on this site. I've tried everything and all I get is a thumbnail sized picture.

If you copy a link and then just put the link as is - you get a Thumbnail that people can click on to see the bigger picture.

You need to enclose with the IMG and /IMG hyperlink tags to get the full picture. Don't forget the [ ]

Nigel

P3S with boosters - 5km out ... 5km back. Battery at 18% at end.... light breeze. Total 10km.

The best was 5km out with a 2km additional about turn in it ... but she landed out in the river just under 1km from home ... total 5 + 2 + 4 = 11km ... in increasing head wind going home ... autolanded out at 13% refusing any action I made ...

P3P without any mods : 2.5km out ... 2.5km back and various circuits additional, landed with 30% battery .. light breeze ... total distance about 7km
P3P with dual parabola : 3km out and 3km back with approx 2km variable as well, landed with about 25% battery .. similar light breeze ... total about 8kms

Both P3S and P3P despite different models I found once modified to obtain max distance showed on a full charged battery (and I have had both DJI and clone perform exactly same) - total distance flight with average command actions and speed ... light airs ... and landing with reasonable battery left of over 20% - was about 13km ...
I read others who fly greater total distance as well as those who fly to really low battery level. Sorry - definitely not my bag after losing my P3S ... I value my P3P too highly to push those boundaries anymore.

My flights now average 1 - 1.5km range and about 14 - 18mins duration. Basically I like to land with about 30 - 35% battery - so I can just stand my batterys till I next need them. I have more than enough power left at end of flight to land where I choose ...

Nigel

I got my P3A only few weeks ago, today I checked a little "run" for the first time now that I have more confidence with it and got 2200m, little more than 7200ft, at almost low altitude, always under 60m.
Never had a weack signal loss untill going back and positioning myself and the controller wrong! lol!
Sure could have done better but for the first "long run" I was satisfied! lol!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik