What are some real use ranges people are getting within P3?

what is the average max range people are getting with no modification to their P3?

Edit: I should add I mean for both fpv and control range
Here is a post of my P3P on a clear day in Arizona. Flew a slight triangle on this one and will attempt further when there is another still day. The problem with this is the battery life, when I landed I was at 4%.
I got 14,444 feet today with a completely non modified Phantom 3 Advanced. I did have to go above 1000 feet, but it's because I was going towards the mountains and needed to climb.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

8fc2253b68e078280ef66d98dfaac63b.jpg

7fa29252f49bdf08f58da737ef8725ad.jpg
I call BS on the 37,000 foot flight with a P3P. The battery and signal are only good for about 25,000' one direction in the best of conditions. If you used an extender, you could probably go to 30 or 40,000 out, but your battery would never get you back.

I call BS on the 37,000 foot flight with a P3P. The battery and signal are only good for about 25,000' one direction in the best of conditions. If you used an extender, you could probably go to 30 or 40,000 out, but your battery would never get you back.

You are wrong. I've got a 35,378ft in one flight on a stock setup without even realizing it. I was tooling around. Landed at 10% because I needed to run the battery down. If I was trying for max total trip distance I could have gotten more.

I flew 14444 feet away from me, and 14444 feet back for a total of 28888 feet, plus a little flying around for a total of 37098 feet in a single flight.

Max distance was 14444 feet.

Last edited:
Wow some impressive flights. If it's max speed is 35 mph for a 20 min flight that is 61,600 feet total....the max speed is actually close to 36....which would make that higher...that is just distance, the limiter to me is RC range....

You are wrong. I've got a 35,378ft in one flight on a stock setup without even realizing it. I was tooling around. Landed at 10% because I needed to run the battery down. If I was trying for max total trip distance I could have gotten more.
I'm assuming that was a round trip?

Here is a HD link to a recent 36766ft round trip on a stock RC : HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters.

18213' out, green signal all the way and I landed with 13% battery.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm pretty crappy, only 2,341 ft when I lost signal and had to run to the end of my driveway to get signal back, Stock everything P3 Pro. I am interested in how many of these flights are more than double my distance and how, stock, they get such a range! (now I turn around when the live view screen starts to get choppy and states low signal)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 8.09.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 8.09.59 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 298
So you're saying you flew 35,378' away from you and flew back (35,378') without losing signal, with a single battery, and no extender on your controller. If you did this with a P3P, you hold the world record for distance flight! LOL Or are you saying you flew a total trip of 35K?
I've been able to fly around behind my house over state land for a total distance of over 60,000' on one battery. I was just doing laps to see how long the P3P would fly and I was never more then a mile away. Landed with 4% battery left. These Phantoms are a bunch of fun!

With a cheapo windsurfer I went just over 4 miles out and back last summer on older firmware. That was a bit over 21,000' (42,000' both ways), landed with 18%. Haven't tried a real distance flight lately but I did fly to a bit over 16,000' the other day - pretty solid. To do these long flights the key is location - no interference - and weather.

I always keep my windsurfers on because I hardly notice them (3D solutions) but I got out about 5000- 5500 ft one direction a few times with no transmission issues at all with the advanced. Pretty sure I can go much further and will try as soon as the weather breaks. Edit. That was in the hills as well

So you're saying you flew 35,378' away from you and flew back (35,378') without losing signal, with a single battery, and no extender on your controller. If you did this with a P3P, you hold the world record for distance flight! LOL Or are you saying you flew a total trip of 35K?
I've been able to fly around behind my house over state land for a total distance of over 60,000' on one battery. I was just doing laps to see how long the P3P would fly and I was never more then a mile away. Landed with 4% battery left. These Phantoms are a bunch of fun!

No, it was total trip distance. You're not realizing the details of the flight you called BS on is TOTAL DISTANCE.

I would love to see that 60k flight on HD

I would love to see that 60k flight on HD

Neven, I seem to have trouble uploading pictures or files onto this site. Can you please give me the info on how to do it so I post some of my flights. I live in the Arizona desert and there is nothing to interfere with the signal, so it's a lot of fun to see how far out you can get and return home safely.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl