What am I missing?

Reaction score
As a new drone pilot, (3 weeks), I am still trying to figure something out. When I am flying and have all of my telemetry on my tablet, is there a way when I maximize my map, that I can see my flight path in real time. I don't know if I am missing a setting or if this is even possible. I just thought if the phantom was out of sight I could just back track on this flight path to get home other than using RTH.

The DJI Go app 3.1.1 for Android that I am using shows me a white line that shows my flight path. Where I have flown. And at the same time shows a yellow line that is a straight line back to the home point. I haven't tried to put this on the full screen... just the small map insert at bottom of the screen.

If you tap (or double tap) on the small inset map it should maximize on your device, being the main view, while the camera view will shrink to the insert size.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I am not using Android so am not familiar with it. On I pad mini 2 I just touch the small map insert and that brings it up to full screen.

There is a setting in the app to " show flight path" that you can toggle on and off Its in the top right corner of camera view. 3 white dots. I'm using iOS not sure if its the same for android

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

There is a setting in the app to " show flight path" that you can toggle on and off Its in the top right corner of camera view. 3 white dots. I'm using iOS not sure if its the same for android

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I am using IOS with ipad mini 4, quite possibly I missed that setting. Thank you

GPS sets in the lower right on my iPad and does show flight path until it's manually cleared.
Switching by tapping or double tapping swaps between camera view and live map and back. Works great and handy when I've flown out out of sight.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: jbolf6
What about using the radar view? You can aim it toward you and fly forward. Unless you want to backtrack for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers