What About A Carbon Fiber Anti-Vibration Gimbal Mounting Plate?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I found this forum while looking for a strategy to repair my P3P. I had a crash that I guess was hard -- the Anti-Vibration Gimbal Mounting Plate broke and then, of course, the camera ribbon cable separated from the connector. Thanks to the advice here, I was able to resolve both and get flying the next day.

I noticed that this mounting plate is fairly fragile. As I was looking for replacements, I found carbon fiber versions of the plate -- I wonder if having a stronger plate would be a good thing, or is it designed to break as a last ditch effort to save the gimbal?

IMG_0299.jpg

As an aside, I was disappointed to find that none of the authorized DJI dealers in town carried any repair parts -- all would have to order from DJI and expected a week or so for delivery. Ultimately, I got all of the parts from Amazon and they were delivered by Prime Same-Day.

Hi all,

I found this forum while looking for a strategy to repair my P3P. I had a crash that I guess was hard -- the Anti-Vibration Gimbal Mounting Plate broke and then, of course, the camera ribbon cable separated from the connector. Thanks to the advice here, I was able to resolve both and get flying the next day.

I noticed that this mounting plate is fairly fragile. As I was looking for replacements, I found carbon fiber versions of the plate -- I wonder if having a stronger plate would be a good thing, or is it designed to break as a last ditch effort to save the gimbal?

IMG_0299.jpg

As an aside, I was disappointed to find that none of the authorized DJI dealers in town carried any repair parts -- all would have to order from DJI and expected a week or so for delivery. Ultimately, I got all of the parts from Amazon and they were delivered by Prime Same-Day.

I like carbon fiber for parts like that-- the camera should be breaking the plastic mounting safety pins and not that plate. Good question:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20