What a Week!

Reaction score
What an awesome week this has been. Received my Vision+ last Saturday. I have 18 flights on her so far. She's been a 1/2 mile up, and nearly a mile out. She has flown far over water, hovered high atop the Key Bridge, and ventured far out over the Chesapeake Bay. She has flown twice at night, and even braved a thunderstorm with 30+ mph winds and a torrential downpour! From the first launch until now, she's flown absolutely perfect. She is nimble, fast, responsive, and she always returns home when called, landing herself skillfully at my feet. And she does all this while taking some amazing video! Everyone who has seen her in action is awed & amazed, and almost universally says they want one for their very own! What an uber-cool man-toy! :cool: (No offense ladies...you are welcome to play too!)

I find myself constantly paying attention to things I drive by every day but scarcely even noticed, thinking, "Oooh that would be cool to fly over!" Tomorrow morning, weather permitting, I am heading out early to downtown Baltimore where I plan to capture some aerial views of the Inner Harbor and surrounding buildings. Soon I may just have to mod my antenna so I can traverse the Key Bridge from one end to the other...and back! This is the best RC toy....ever! :D

Dirty Bird said:
What an awesome week this has been. Received my Vision+ last Saturday. I have 18 flights on her so far. She's been a 1/2 mile up, and nearly a mile out. She has flown far over water, hovering atop the Key Bridge and far out over the Chesapeake Bay. She has flown twice at night, and even braved a thunderstorm with 30+ mph winds and a torrential downpour! From the first launch until now, she's flown absolutely perfect. She is nimble, fast, responsive, and she always returns home when called, landing herself skillfully at my feet. And she does all this while taking some amazing video! Everyone who has seen her in action is awed & amazed, and almost universally says they want one for their very own! What an uber-cool man-toy! :cool:

I find myself constantly paying attention to things I drive by every day but scarcely even noticed, thinking, "Oooh that would be cool to fly over!" Tomorrow morning, weather permitting, I am heading out early to downtown Baltimore where I plan to capture some aerial views of the Inner Harbor and surrounding buildings. Soon I may just have to mod my antenna so I can traverse the Key Bridge from one end to the other...and back! This is the best RC toy....ever! :D

They are addicting!! :cool: :D

I agree, these things are amazing all though they are showing my poor editing skills LOL

Preference on editing software?

Since you will be in Baltimore tomorrow would you mind getting us some shots over Orioles Park Baseball Stadium at Camden Yards ? (Orioles are playing our Kansas City Royals tomorrow evening) Looks like it's quite distant from Baltimore/Washington International Airport. Or maybe you could just sky dive in with the Phantom in hand for some great shots! :) Sounds like you're having way too much fun! :)

I've been following your posts. Some great stuff. The thunderstorm was amazing! I'm sitting on the fence but it sure looks like you think it's worth it.

Your enthusiasm in contagious. Love my P2V+. Got a vortex ring today a low level and snapped a prop, but other than that, she's awesome. Only other issue I've had was a slight gimbal tilt . Happy flying

A joyous occasion indeed, and thanks for sharing. Dirty Bird.
Amazing however how some units can work so spectacularly, above and beyond what one may only hope for, and yet others which can't seem to get out of there own way, burdened with an array of issues ranging from props flying off, to not even being able to start up.
I guess there is always going to be those units built on Monday's & Friday's in every industry. Just say'n.

As a fellow Marylander I'd like to see some Harbor shots! I'm out on the eastern shore near Ocean City. I plan to get out there Sunday as long as the weather is good and get some beach shots. Loven the +!

npalen said:
Since you will be in Baltimore tomorrow would you mind getting us some shots over Orioles Park Baseball Stadium at Camden Yards ? (Orioles are playing our Kansas City Royals tomorrow evening) Looks like it's quite distant from Baltimore/Washington International Airport. Or maybe you could just sky dive in with the Phantom in hand for some great shots! :) Sounds like you're having way too much fun! :)

Oriole Park & M&T Statium (Raven Park) are on my list of things to record. Being right next to each other I will get them both at once. :D

Dirty,
Can't wait to see your footage of Baltimore! Great stuff so far keep up the good work - oh and keep that thing dry this time..:)

Dirty Bird said:
npalen said:

Oriole Park & M&T Statium (Raven Park) are on my list of things to record. Being right next to each other I will get them both at once. :D

Awesome! Can't wait to show my friends! Maybe you should send a clip to FSN (Fox Sports Network) They are televising the game and maybe would do a spot.

My week just beginning. P2V+ showed up on Thrusday, have only 3 flights so far. Raining now.... :(

Looking forward to posting some vids soon. d86

Yes. These things are super addicting always find myself looking for places to film. Can't wait to get back in the sky. Looking forward to seeing more videos.

Dirty Bird said:
npalen said:

im a ex-terrapin '86 college park, now a gator... if you really want a real challenge of your phantom...try video of francis scott bridge. :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl