What a night. Maiden flight, almost crashed and threatened with a gun.

Flying at night, above 400', in the city, when winds were too strong, almost hit a tree and lost $1000, lady confronts, offensive words are exchanged, someone threatened to assault someone with a gun.....

Sounds like everything was handled perfectly. :rolleyes:

The wind was ironic because it was calm before the flight and a couple big gusts came out of nowhere.

Frig that I would of took her plates down had her picked up for making a terrorist threat. And that would be her lucky break that shes in CA cause I think with her accent when she said she was getting a shot gun I think i might of confused her accent with that of some one that might be one of them jihadists we keep getting told to be scared of and when she said she was getting a shot gun and heading towards the car I might of had to assume she meant it was in the car and was going to pull it out and put my life in danger. Then her face would of been kissing pavement nice and hard before she had a change to get to it. Then have to cops come and take her away.

Reactions: snowghost
I'm glad you avoided a disaster! ...... Just a comment about the confrontation ...... all this is very new and thanks mainly to the media we are quickly becoming the bad boy ..... I might have had the same response .......but what if we all try to be a little more forgiving to people that think we are invading "their" space .... A nice hello and quick explanation of the equipment and what it does ect can go a long way .......... we really have control of how this thing goes .... just sayin .... m

Yes. I have to agree here. As much as I'd love to tell some ignorant folks to go "make love to themselves", I had an incident once while flying over a river at a public park.

A man was walking along the riverfront picking up trash, and happened to notice my phantom as I was coming in for landing. He did not know I was flying it and started pointing it out to me.

"It's one of those **** drones!" He said. He then went into telling me if he seen one around his house that he would shoot it down.

He had the viewpoint that it was some kind of aggressive and malicious device. I started to explain how it all worked and the technology behind it, along with the main purpose of flying them. By the time the man left, his view had been completely turned around to the point he was interested in them.

So yes, a little kind explanation could go a long way to quell some of the seemingly viral bad views on these quadcopters.

By the way, could you post the video the lady was so upset about? I haven't had anyone confront me in that way and I'm just curious if I'm flying in the same type of areas that sparked her anger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I have to agree here. As much as I'd love to tell some ignorant folks to go "make love to themselves", I had an incident once while flying over a river at a public park.

A man was walking along the riverfront picking up trash, and happened to notice my phantom as I was coming in for landing. He did not know I was flying it and started pointing it out to me.

"It's one of those **** drones!" He said. He then went into telling me if he seen one around his house that he would shoot it down.

He had the viewpoint that it was some kind of aggressive and malicious device. I started to explain how it all worked and the technology behind it, along with the main purpose of flying them. By the time the man left, his view had been completely turned around to the point he was interested in them.

So yes, a little kind explanation could go a long way to quell some of the seemingly viral bad views on these quadcopters.

By the way, could you post the video the lady was so upset about? I haven't had anyone confront me in that way and I'm just curious if I'm flying in the same type of areas that sparked her anger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here ya go. First attempt at capturing the city lights. BTW that's the lady's car in the last seconds.

Here ya go. First attempt at capturing the city lights. BTW that's the lady's car in the last seconds.

Should have told her you was hired by the CIA to keep an eye on her, remember that red head Russian spy? Sometimes when I go up at night the drone police come check me out.

Should have told her you was hired by the CIA to keep an eye on her, remember that red head Russian spy? Sometimes when I go up at night the drone police come check me out.

Do you know the other person?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj