What a mess DJI has made!!

Reaction score
I just put mine back in the box till DJI gets this mess fixed!!!....I updated and now nothing works, app will not show how many sat's are locked , ground station (fails to connect), then the app crashes!...I guess sales must be down.....so ill wait till spring to see how things go...:(

I will not be updating for quite a while as my Vision+ Version 3 works great now And I do not want the hassles encountered by this new update. I plan to calibrate when necessary with my computer NOT connected to the Internet so I don't accidentally get the dreaded newer software. Yes, It's a huge mess and my next quad will be another brand....not DJI.

They do have history with this sort of problem - never wise to jump in immediately they release new firmware.
It will all work eventually! - but very frustrating if you have something planned and can't use it, or worse they potentially create a situation where your chance of crashing is increased.

Well just my luck. I figured everything was calm and cool because I hadn't heard a word in weeks about bad software. So this weekend I did some repair work and updated everything.

Maybe I got lucky and got my update done just before the new version? Everything seems to be working well enough.

So what version is the problem?

Utopia Texas said:
I will not be updating for quite a while as my Vision+ Version 3 works great now And I do not want the hassles encountered by this new update. I plan to calibrate when necessary with my computer NOT connected to the Internet so I don't accidentally get the dreaded newer software. Yes, It's a huge mess and my next quad will be another brand....not DJI.

pity there arent many good competitors out there with the ability to do things with the dji phantom such as hacked ground station and wifi boosterm

Just so you know ahead of time....Once dji receives your quad they will have it 3-4 weeks before sending it back to you. They have mine now.

maybe try it again.. mine worked fine, no issues; only enhancements if you are talking about 3.10.

I ain't updating till I know for a fact the bugs are worked out
No way am I not going to be able to fly when both my
Phantoms have worked great from the day I got them

Looks like DJI is doing some work on the updade because Ver 3.10 is not available on their site....gee lets see what they give us after totally screwing up 3.10...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!....I bet the dji had a back log of parts they had to get rid of...;(....if you have 3.10 better keep it on the ground or go back to 3.08....or you will be ordering parts..;)

Nascarwings said:
Looks like DJI is doing some work on the updade because Ver 3.10 is not available on their site....gee lets see what they give us after totally screwing up 3.10...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!....I bet the dji had a back log of parts they had to get rid of...;(....if you have 3.10 better keep it on the ground or go back to 3.08....or you will be ordering parts..;)

Checked your statement and its true, how to go back to 3.08 ?
Life chat is also disappeared from DJi website, odd.

I looked on DJI site and they still says 3.10 is the new one to use... ? Are you saying it will not update to 3.10 anymore ???

as of an hour ago...if you go into you dji assistant and plug your phantom in it will update to 3.08 but not 3.10 its gone ....mine will not show any ground station at all ...just the cam works on there app (iso)...some people it works some people it does not....its almost like some people got the 25 km no fly zone and some got a 25000000 km no fly zone...;(

That's is the problem: the lack of good competition. It is obvious DJI is aware of that because they introduce 1 screw up after another. Even in their latest wonder, the Inspire. I went out to their site and they have issues with the motor frames oscillating because of poor fitting joints; props flying off; auto takeoff causing the craft to crash into obstacles. If only DJI would test their stuff instead of having the owners do the testing. But that doesn't seem to be happening. Not until an adequate competitor comes along.

same here as many, my **** works and will never plug her into the internet again....

I feel fortunate Apple took mine back, and you can bet I won't be sucked into this can of worms again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20