Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What a Difference New Gear Makes!

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by BrandenB2, Jun 27, 2014.

1. BrandenB2

Finally got the Zenmuse and FPV setup installed and running and oh my goodness, what a difference it makes! Changes the game completely. I'd asked before in this forum which was more important, the gimbal or the FPV and the answer I got most often was both. I can now understand why! Here's my first go with the new gear:

http://youtu.be/Q2EadfiEzrs

Wanekia likes this.
  2. Elfman12

Nice flying, length and music sets the mood well. Good job!

3. BrandenB2

Thank you dude! Appreciate it.

4. Timsytanker

Like that a lot, loved the lighting, made it really stand out.

5. FRS

FRS

The camera movement, plus the lighting made that video incredible. Keep them coming! What kind of remote are you using ?

Wanekia likes this.
  6. rjlegacysg

Awesome video! Excellent choice for music.

7. BrandenB2

Thank you very much everyone!

Just the standard one that came with the DJI Phantom V1.1.1, along with the Zenmuse H3-2D, ImmersionRC - 5.8GHz 600mW Tx, and Black Pearl monitor. So in love with the setup!

8. FRS

FRS

What are you using for post production? I cannot seem to get my videos that amazing and I have pretty much the same setup. Even with a futaba remote I can't seem to fly that smooth.

9. Frendel

Very nice job! Great flying, camera work and editing. /a tv cinematographer

10. maher

Did you shoot at 60 fps and slow it down in postproduction? Your camera moves are so smooth.

Great job!

Maher

11. BrandenB2

I find that I just use tiny, almost imperceptable, movement on the sticks and when it starts to move in a nice smooth sweeping pattern around the subject I just hold it there and don't move a muscle. It almost makes your fingers cramp, but worth the smooth shot :D

Thanks so much! This was shot in 2.7K at 24fps and all clips are at full speed. Just super slow flying. There are a couple of clips played in reverse though ;) Watch the cars to find out which ones.

12. JPSLV

Great Video!
    There is the same kind of building in Los Angeles on Santa Monica Blvd. Mormon temple. High gold statue. What's the deal with videotaping this? I know it's not for Avatar 2 so we don't need authorizations for a movie but is it legal to videotape it with a drone?

13. BrandenB2

Thank you!
    So it IS private property and so would want to get permission if possible. So long as they understand what you're doing it for they're usually cool. And since it's private property I don't think you would get in legal trouble once they've given you permission. But I'm not a lawyer :p

14. JPSLV

OK. I have to get permission from the Mormon Church... With the FAA saying I don't know what last week, I'm at a loss about what's ok or what. I'm reading all the news on https://www.facebook.com/dronelawyer and I'm even more confused. He's the lawyer for Raphael Pirker who was fined $10K and got it appealed.
    The FAA will give it final rules end of 2015 but now they are giving fines to real estate firms in NY. Lost...

15. BrandenB2

Yea I've been trying to follow it all and it's so confusing! But as far as temple permission goes, you don't need to ask the Mormon church... just somebody working at that location ;)