Wet P2

Reaction score
Just a little bit of learning from a recent flight I did on the coast in California.

As you can see in the video... https://vimeo.com/87437488 it was kind of foggy. (Excuse the music, I'm an 80s child). I flew for around 10 minutes with no problems. I was never closer than 100 feet to the water. Landed safely then saw the P2 was basically soaking wet on the top case.

I had thought about fog = water (kind of) but I didn't think I was that close. Just goes to show you. I dried the P2 off and flew it later in the day and it was fine. I've since taken the top cover off to have a look inside and all seems to be ok. Hopefully I don't start to rust :-(

Fog is just water suspended in tiny droplets. Your Phantom is driving around collecting them! Probably fine on the inside. Maybe some moisture collecting on the bottom of the shell but probably not enough to pool into anything more than a thin layer of adhesion.

And just as a reminder, if the temps are less than freezing, those water drops would be ice. It only takes a very thin layer of ice on the blades to disrupt the air flow and.......

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl