Went to a concert yesterday and could not believe what I saw

Highly dangerous, not to mention illegal!

All that "no flight over crowds" is about to end soon anyway.

Our hypocritical news media is foaming at the mouth wanting to get them so they can do the same.

Amazon wants them to fly over people and populated areas.

As of Friday the FAA is considering that policy with recommendations for 4 categories of drones to be approved for flights over crowds and populated areas.

While I agree that this appears unorthodox, there may be more at play here. It's possible the operator has appropriate insurance. Would be interested to know the whole story.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

While I agree that this appears unorthodox, there may be more at play here. It's possible the operator has appropriate insurance. Would be interested to know the whole story.

Oh?
I can drive my car down a crowded sidewalk if I have the appropriate insurance?
I don' think flying 2 ft above people's heads will ever be approved by the FAA, and such reckless behavior shouldn't be covered by insurance either.

I am 6'2" tall and literally could have jumped and grabbed that Inspire out of the air.Maybe I should have and ran like the devil with it:eek:.Would that technically be theft in this scenario?

Having been around model aircraft for 30+ years I could never be comfortable having an MR flying over me or my family.

I am 6'2" tall and literally could have jumped and grabbed that Inspire out of the air.Maybe I should have and ran like the devil with it:eek:.Would that technically be theft in this scenario?

Nothing "technical" about it. That would absolutely be theft.

Anyway, this reminds me of Enrique Iglesias grabbing an Inspire at one of his concerts like an idiot and cutting the crap out of his hand.

Reactions: MrFus
Nothing "technical" about it. That would absolutely be theft.

Anyway, this reminds me of Enrique Iglesias grabbing an Inspire at one of his concerts like an idiot and cutting the crap out of his hand.

Have no idea who this asshat is but it was sure funny!:D

Reactions: JKDSensei

OP, how do we even know the drone wasn't flown by someone who was asked by the band to record their performance?

With that being said, there has never been any helicopter or airplane crashes? People don't drive at 40mph within feet of pedestrians walking on sidewalks in NYC? A stage has never collapsed during a performance? Let's get real here everyone needs to get over themselves. An accident can happen with any technology at any time.

I'd be a lot more concerned with manual < $100 quads flying over my head than any smart drones.

Last edited:

OP, how do we even know the drone wasn't flown by someone who was asked by the band to record their performance?

With that being said, there has never been any helicopter or airplane crashes? People don't drive at 40mph within feet of pedestrians walking on sidewalks in NYC? A stage has never collapsed during a performance? Let's get real here everyone needs to get over themselves. An accident can happen with any technology at any time.

I'd be a lot more concerned with manual < $100 quads flying over my head than any smart drones.
Yeah well as a Phantom 3 owner I am still not comfortable with a drone literally inches above my head and if I found such drone owner I would bloody the c-nt and send his *** to the ER.

Reactions: Farmer
I can't deny it would be an uncomfortable feeling, but so would a speaker that would be suspended a couple feet above my head. If people weren't comfortable they could've moved out of the way and I'm sure the area would've been filled back up with people that don't care.

I can foresee soon this being completely allowed and if someone does something malicious there will be consequences. I mean seriously... anything can happen at any time. Someone can walk in with an paint grenade and toss it up into the crowd. I will trust the professional drone that's made by a company with a good reputation any day over people's stupidity.

Based on the way the performer ignored it, I'm guessing it was a paid and authorized photographer. Still seems reckless that close to the crowd though.
Why? Because Inspires fall out of the sky on the daily basis and damage people's property? Was he zipping over people's heads at 45mph? What exactly other than your personal opinion qualifies that as "reckless"?

Reckless
adjective
  1. (of a person or their actions) without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action.

Reactions: Sim597
Why? Because Inspires fall out of the sky on the daily basis and damage people's property? Was he zipping over people's heads at 45mph? What exactly other than your personal opinion qualifies that as "reckless"?

Reckless
adjective
  1. (of a person or their actions) without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action.
When it falls from 2-3' above my head on me what kind of damage are we taliking about?Seems to me multiple lacerations to myself and maybe anyone standing close to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl