Well it's arrived and fitted in half an hour

lol [emoji115][emoji115] same here...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So the one on amazon says only 2.4GHz and 2.5GHz antenna's? What about the 5GHz antenna??

I'm here with results.
Previous best at same location: 450m
Best with argtek mod: 750m - that's so far. Only one flight. May get better.
Some interference is present where I'm flying.
There is a tremendously huge improvement in video downlink quality and stability. Controls though, not so much but still a lot better. Should do further testing and see how it holds up in town. Definitely would recommend it. Does the job as good as I expected.
Didn't put any glue over the connections, may be returning my Standard soon for Advanced so I want it easily changeable. Fit is very snug, won't ever come out i guarantee it
So the bottomline is: Highly recommended, but don't expect miracles. Seller on ebay is 10/10. No problems at all!
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet - Proof

It would be interesting to find out your return strategy. Do you have an upgrade policy with a dealer?
DJI doesn't even answer e-mail and often the phone in Shenzhen and there is no return policy after 7 days for un-opened product. From their web site: Thanks for your interests in our product. We have not any trade-in policy.

There's an extremely slight chance that my dealer is going to accept my return. Talked to them. They should call today and see. If it doesn't happen, which is very likely i'm going to be selling it.

Reactions: Flametamer123
well I got up enough nerve to go a little futher this morning. Baby steps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-03-09-19-39.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-03-09-19-39.png
    621.5 KB · Views: 513
Dealer didn't accept return. Will be selling it. Would be extremely hard to sell it here because there's no market for drones here

Order the one off Amazon, should be here in a week. Will post results after it arrives. Holding my breath that it will perform as expected.

My Dealer Jessops UK took my standard back (50 flights) and exchanged with cash difference for an advanced no problem!

I never got near advertised distance so item was mis-sold and UK has very fair consumer laws.

I did not see the point in having to buy mods to extend the distance,hold an ipad etc.The total value of the extras required would cost as much as the extra for an advanced...

Looking back, I would have chosen the advanced in the first place as so many better features inc lightbridge,Glonoss +Gps,tablet holder and a much more advanced remote wich is a pleasure to use.

UK has very fair consumer laws.

I wish it was like that in BG. No one gives a **** about customers here and very little laws with no supervision. Everyone tries to sell their product and that's it. End of story. Support and warranty are not a topic to discuss here.

It literally took me half an hour to fit hardest part was removing the silicon off the original connectors

I have a question for you Clarky. I watched the installation video that is posted in this thread. Where the longest wire goes is easy to see. I am wondering about the two short wires. Do they have to plug in at a certain place on the board? Or does it not mater? I don't know the language in the video. Are the installation instructions straight forward? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: rdzbarger
You disconnect the wires running to the original wifi antennas that are inside of the remote, and reconnect the new wires to those same terminals.

You disconnect the wires running to the original wifi antennas that are inside of the remote, and reconnect the new wires to those same terminals.
Thank you for your response. What I am wondering is, can you attach the two short wires in the incorrect places.

The leads for the 2.4 GHz antennas could likely be swapped without any issues. As long as they're not mixed up with the other 5.8 GHz lead it should be fine. Someone please correct me if necessary, though.

I just want to make sure my thinking is correct. The two short wires are for the 2.4 GHz antennas and the long wire is for the 5.8 GHz antenna. It does not matter which 2.4 goes where as long as it is a 2.4 connection on the controller board. It appears to me that the two short wires are not long enough to reach the 5.8 GHz plug in so a person would not have to worry about plugging in a 2.4 into the 5.8 plug. I am planning on ordering one of these tonight, just want to make sure that I am understanding the installation process. Thanks everyone for responses.

I just want to make sure my thinking is correct. The two short wires are for the 2.4 GHz antennas and the long wire is for the 5.8 GHz antenna. It does not matter which 2.4 goes where as long as it is a 2.4 connection on the controller board. It appears to me that the two short wires are not long enough to reach the 5.8 GHz plug in so a person would not have to worry about plugging in a 2.4 into the 5.8 plug. I am planning on ordering one of these tonight, just want to make sure that I am understanding the installation process. Thanks everyone for responses.
You are correct.

Reactions: scottbra9
I just ordered from Amazon.... I didnt know he located in Long Island.

Think am going to go dbs mod instead of this I know the dbs mod works for some reason I do not believe this post, stock I can 900m

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers