Well, it was no fly away... just a crash...

Reaction score
So today the unthinkable happened. Clipped a tree limb at 85 feet going 45 mph and had to watch as the quad flung a** over elbow 85 feet through a forest to the ground.
It wasnt pretty when i got there.
3 props busted
landing gear bent in, and unusable
Gimbal disconnected at the rear motor.

Turns out the camera was fine, and once i cleaned the small pieces of broken magnet (from the inside of the motor ring, and it wasnt much at all) it fit back together like a champ. Everything seems to work like new. I need to replace the landing gear of course.
I feel i got really really lucky on this one.

Unfortunately no video of the crash, as the battery popped slightly out and the write never got committed to the micro sd.

The only slight issue is the camera is tilted a little bit, but ill manage to fix that here soon.

This prompted me to buy the ebay gimbal camera protector thing.

PS also lost my GPS unit i had stuck to the quad (it wasnt working anyway)...

Just thought id share a story.

good night.

Sorry! I've had a couple of wrecks and have had minor damage... Always sucks!

Ryan is always going to happen.

Problem is the more we learn the more we push the envelope !

I think that gimbal protector should help. I plan to do the same.

Just glad you did not break your ribbon cable.

Now that you are flying a mile or more you really need to think about a QUALITY tracker. We will get together soon and you can check out the Marco Polo.

Luckily enough jb weld drop fixed it. I removed the housing and put a drop inside before I slid the front of the pin back in. Seemed to work great.
One thing I did that others didn't seem to is after I put the epoxy in I put the gimbal guard on to level the camera then twisted the axle in to
Position. That way it didn't have the ability to shift if the camera moved. It is perfectly level and working great now. A minor miracle after a nasty crash.
Thanks rrmcabe for suggesting jb weld over loctite. Worked great.

dunginhawk said:
Luckily enough jb weld drop fixed it. I removed the housing and put a drop inside before I slid the front of the pin back in. Seemed to work great.
One thing I did that others didn't seem to is after I put the epoxy in I put the gimbal guard on to level the camera then twisted the axle in to
Position. That way it didn't have the ability to shift if the camera moved. It is perfectly level and working great now. A minor miracle after a nasty crash.
Thanks rrmcabe for suggesting jb weld over loctite. Worked great.

You are welcome. In your case you had too must slop in that joint for loctite.

You are a lucky guy. Not many of us snap the camera off the gimbal and done lose the cable in the process.

Now you have to start thinking trackers again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20