Well it happened

In your case it may just have been a simple glitch in the continuing execution of it's programming.
I'm sure that happens, but the ability to do a reboot is a tad more difficult to do 'successfully' in the air than on other more traditional devices. ;)

The fact that the point that it reported no sats was about the same place as the "Find My Phantom" indicated it was located , sounds like it was totally lost at that point .... and .... well ...... just flew away at whatever heading/alt it last was told to go to.
But that's just a hopeless WAG on my part, and I suspect that unless you find it again to do a thurough inspection of things like the GPS connector and etc., it's unfortunately only about as good as any other guess might be. :(

Petereesha said:
Ok, so mine just flew away 10 mins ago! I had 10 satellites, home locked in, and live in a very rural area. No previous interference in this area. What has been describe is almost what happened to me. Lost all satellites, then I could see it tilt at a funny angle to the right and then gone. I flew this afternoon and it seemed buggy so I recalibrated the compass and for the first 10 mins it flew well. I tried atti mode, failsafe, shut the controller off, and then tried to shut the motors off. Just prior I had tried home lock to see how it handled and it did just fine. This was my forth flight with this machine. I have over 70 flights with my P2V and kind of feel like I know what I'm doing. Now I'm out $1300 if I can't find it in the 5000 acres behind my house. Is there no recourse to get refunded?

You've now got two groups of people discussing your post separately. Did you mean to do that?

Flyer91 said:
But for now we have what anybody should expect when it's a product made in China.
I don't think we can any longer claim that it's an inferior product, because it's made in China. I wouldn't be surprised if Futuba, and Hitec's for that matter, are now all made in China. As a matter of fact iPhones are made in China. When I was a kid, anything made in Japan was usually junk. Now it's considered high-end stuff. I think the problem is using inferior Chinese components, or not opting for the factories to build with a higher standard, which of course would raise the price of the product. They are trying to give the most product at the highest profit margin. Because of this, there is probably a higher percentage of failures. It's a crap-shoot, that will pay off if you get a "good one".

For me, my Vision+ has been nothing short of amazing, considering multiple crashes and 5 water dunkings. Like the Timex watch, it "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin"!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl