Well I just joined the "Stress Crack" club :(

How likely is it that I will get stress cracks again after they repair it? Assuming I get the same drone back but with a new shell?

No I have a p3s. I have purshased plast aid and I'm placing some inside in the motor mounts to reinforce the weak plastic.

Guess it's a crap shoot whether you get the same drone back or not. I've heard both. Replacements. And the same drone returns.

I would agree. It looks to me that it has hit the ground rather hard on its landing gear.

Bud

From the looks of this photo it looks like the legs were beat to hell. Full of scuff marks and scratches not to mention the little chunk of plastic missing. Doesn't look like "stress" cracks to me.

From the looks of this photo it looks like the legs were beat to hell. Full of scuff marks and scratches not to mention the little chunk of plastic missing. Doesn't look like "stress" cracks to me.

I've often wondered this. With the amount of crashing people do, I'm very suspect of "stress cracks" unless that stress is from repeated crashing or hard landings.

I've often wondered this. With the amount of crashing people do, I'm very suspect of "stress cracks" unless that stress is from repeated crashing or hard landings.
I haven't had any crashes or hard landings. No sports mode. Easy flying and I have the small cracks appearing. I have flown twice after I've noticed them. They seem to be staying the same size.

I was thinking about this last night though and I don't know for sure but I remember flying towards the sun one flight and OA must of detected the sun as an obstacle, the aircraft stopped pretty hard, loud noise and all. I was probably going around 25 mph or so. I can't be certain if this was my P4P or P4 though.

ARGGHH.... after reading this thread I thought "oh not my bird, she has been treated with kid gloves and always hand caught". BUT I looked...and they are there under the arms near the lights on at least three arms :eek::mad::(. I just ordered the GuruFix. Dont really want to do the Warranty Replacement battle. Glad I got the Care Refresh.

Reactions: setandforget
I had a crack under the arm. I sent it in today. It is p4p and 1 month old. No crashes. Hope I don't have to wait to long. Anybody know how long before I am in business again?

Wow. Did not want to hear that. As soon as they get it I will get on the phone and see if I can rush things alittle. Will keep you posted

Reactions: August and macoman
Nope not even hard landing. I had to send in my all flights records to DJI and they came to the same conclusion, hence being covered by warranty.

ARGGHH.... after reading this thread I thought "oh not my bird, she has been treated with kid gloves and always hand caught". BUT I looked...and they are there under the arms near the lights on at least three arms :eek::mad::(. I just ordered the GuruFix. Dont really want to do the Warranty Replacement battle. Glad I got the Care Refresh.
If you fix it yourself and your landing gear fails, dji will not cover it. This why I sent mine in

20170508_115007.jpg 20170521_192933.jpg

Was going to send in for repair(hit tree), but watch 2 videos on P4 and P4P teardowns on youtube, restarted after crash to check what was damaged, everything good except L. #1 compass, ordered middle shell, landing gear, repaired in 8days (mainly wait for landing gear), flys perfect, but compass #1 still disconnected, so I've ordered P4P power interface module ($18), thats where both compass ribbon cables from L/R front legs plug into, figure thats where hit was, but it still flies perfect, steady, long distance with one compass, just didnt want to chance getting refurb, cause my drone was excellent, just flew S mode while talking to onlooker. Total cost $100 + few hrs to fix, also get phillips #0, alan 1.5/2.0mm is all your need to take apart P4P. Videos are detailed but P4P video doesnt show 2 compass connectors to Power interface module have to be disconnected(press sides and pull) before removing middle shell from top shell, main stuff attached to top shell. Sodering even looks simple enuf if you need to replace top shell, or remove L/R ESC modules or Power interface module replacement. Its easy enuf and your informed totally bout your drone, each part can be ordered and replace, I can build a complete P4P, once you see videos you'll agree. Only four parts to shell, legs,Camera(grey part),middle and upper shell. All the modules are attached to the magnesium battery compartment in center, including 4 sensor cameras(F.and back).

Last edited:
Reactions: Eddyfisher
View attachment 82884 View attachment 82885

Was going to send in for repair(hit tree), but watch 2 videos on P4 and P4P teardowns on youtube, restarted after crash to check what was damaged, everything good except L. #1 compass, ordered middle shell, landing gear, repaired in 8days (mainly wait for landing gear), flys perfect, but compass #1 still disconnected, so I've ordered P4P power interface module ($18), thats where both compass ribbon cables from L/R front legs plug into, figure thats where hit was, but it still flies perfect, steady, long distance with one compass, just didnt want to chance getting refurb, cause my drone was excellent, just flew S mode while talking to onlooker. Total cost $100 + few hrs to fix, also get phillips #0, alan 1.5/2.0mm is all your need to take apart P4P. Videos are detailed but P4P video doesnt show 2 compass connectors to Power interface module have to be disconnected(press sides and pull) before removing middle shell from top shell, main stuff attached to top shell. Sodering even looks simple enuf if you need to replace top shell, or remove L/R ESC modules or Power interface module replacement. Its easy enuf and your informed totally bout your drone, each part can be ordered and replace, I can build a complete P4P, once you see videos you'll agree. Only four parts to shell, legs,Camera(grey part),middle and upper shell. All the modules are attached to the magnesium battery compartment in center, including 4 sensor cameras(F.and back).
Can you share that YT link, I have hair line cracks on my landing legs. No way I can send it back because I have jobs lined up, and DJI could take a bit before I get it back...thx

here they are, use tweezers, separating middle from top is 5 taps can be sticky, dont lose skrews,gimbal screws (8) can strip easy so use pressure when unskrewing, follow video exactly, the P4 is the best video everything the same as p4p except few minor details such as compass connectors, even shows how to remove top and battery compartment that all the modules attach to, steady hands and patience and attention to detail. Phillips #0, hex 1.5mm,2.0mm, tweezers,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20