Well, I had an accident and now having a few issues...

UPDATE: I replaced the gimbal and everything worked great. I also took precautionary measures and replaced the motors. Just like new. Thanks for all your help.

UPDATE: I replaced the gimbal and everything worked great. I also took precautionary measures and replaced the motors. Just like new. Thanks for all your help.
I would go ahead and keep those motors for spares as they are probably still good.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would go ahead and keep those motors for spares as they are probably still good.

Is there anyway to tell if motors are bad? If so, how can I test to see?

I read here (or somewhere else) that really you only need to worry about takeoffs and landings...if you fly into stationary objects, maybe you need to buy a little flyer and practice but takeoffs and landings are the only times you can really mess up, so I hand catch landings and really concentrate on the takeoffs. I had minor mishaps early on, and with the above philosophy I have had no problems any more. I did buy the little flyer too, and it dramatically improved my reaction times to flying to the point that I feel that I can do pretty much anything i want to do AND I know my limitations too.

I read here (or somewhere else) that really you only need to worry about takeoffs and landings...if you fly into stationary objects, maybe you need to buy a little flyer and practice but takeoffs and landings are the only times you can really mess up, so I hand catch landings and really concentrate on the takeoffs. I had minor mishaps early on, and with the above philosophy I have had no problems any more. I did buy the little flyer too, and it dramatically improved my reaction times to flying to the point that I feel that I can do pretty much anything i want to do AND I know my limitations too.
just hit auto takeoff and you wont have any issues

Well, I can't keep it in any longer......REAL MEN LAND THEIR AIRCRAFT, no hand catches.

Well, I can't keep it in any longer......REAL MEN LAND THEIR AIRCRAFT, no hand catches.
that's like saying real men don't crash

Reactions: dirkclod
Is there anyway to tell if motors are bad? If so, how can I test to see?
If the suspected motors have any kind of a burnt smell I would get rid of them. Otherwise the next time you have your phantom taken apart for something, hook up the motors and rev them up (props off). If they sound like the new ones and they rev up normally, compared to the good ones, they are fine. Whenever you install motors do a good low altitude flight test and just listen and look for any irregularities in sound or performance.

Reactions: SweatpantsDroner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl