Well, I had an accident and now having a few issues...

Reaction score
I guess it was inevitable... I was out flying and had the auto-land feature taking over and during the process the my Phantom 3 Pro tipped over, breaking the propeller blades. I have an extra set, so thats not a big problem. However, when I go to turn it on the gimbal status says "Gimbal Disconnected". The gimbal rotates as if it is calibrated, and then goes "limp". I also have a "Disconnected" status in the upper left hand side of the top Status Bar on the DJI Go App. I plan on replacing the motors for sure, but any other ideas may help. Thanks again for you replies in advance.

yeah that sucks that is why I learned on day 1 to catch by hand just hover over your head hit auto land grab it with one hand blades shut right off then you will never worry about doing that again

Reactions: mmtphoto
Or just land it manually (i.e. not auto-land or hand catch). As long as you have a relatively smooth, level surface and the wind isn't blowing at 30 mph, I see no reason to hand catch the bird. With minimal practice, you should be able to set it down very gently.

My personal thoughts at least. Unfortunately I don't really have an answer to your technical questions, but I am sorry to hear about the incident!

Reactions: SweatpantsDroner
I've never used auto land or take-off because I trust myself a lot more then I do the machines ability. Whether you hand catch or land it on a flat surface, just pull the left stick down so the motors go directly off and don't jump. If you accidently to a CSC by pulling both levers down and in, then the motors rev before they shut down and that can cause a tip over. I always land on my case or on a table when not hand catching. 90% of the time I hand catch, I only hand land on a small table or the case just to remind me that I can. Personally, I'll never let the UAV auto land or auto take off because taking control out of my hands adds another step that isn't needed.

Reactions: dirkclod
UPDATE: Found the issue for those who have had the same problem. The gimbal ribbon has a tear in it right at the base. about 1/16". I took the battery out, and let it sit for about 15 min. Then I took it outside, and recalibrated it after powering down both the RC and disconnecting it from my iPad. I put the original SD card in too. The Phantom was connected and the IRU located with the correct location, but still had not video transmission. I removed the gimbal and thats where I found the tear. I reconnected the gimbal and wiggled the tear, and I got a slight flash of imaging, followed by the DJI logo. At this point I will assume it is the gimbal and camera, and I will update when I have it replaced. I will also be replacing the motors too, since one is slightly more stiff than the other 3.

Reactions: Reed L and grottoli
image.jpeg
Here's a visual...

I found p3s lands on ground very nice p3a comes down a lot faster

Reactions: Zeprider
I think it may have been a prop blade that hit it.

I found p3s lands on ground very nice p3a comes down a lot faster
I've never flown a Standard but I can tell you I have no problem landing my P3A gently. If anything the Advanced and Pro should handle themselves better close the ground becuase of VPS.

no the standard lands really smooth as my psa comes down a lot faster on auto land

no the standard lands really smooth as my psa comes down a lot faster on auto land

Agreed. P3A comes down with vigor, and more than I care for. I don't use auto land often if at all.

Reactions: flpholt
the standard comes down then stops 3inches from ground and gently lands if you never had one then you wouldn't know the difference but it is a lot

Reactions: dirkclod
Agreed. P3A comes down with vigor, and more than I care for. I don't use auto land often if at all.
only use it sometimes if not windy to show someone other than that hand catch

Hi new here, I've done the auto land and I am not a friend of it's too rough. I just land it my self. Also if you have to auto land for some reason try it on grass.

don't want to get grass on the girls

Reactions: MrDrone
my triplets like the hand catch makes them feel safe
20160427_153022.jpg
catch makes them feel safe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.