well did everyone register there drone today

Reaction score
I don't mean this statement to be a wise crack or ignorant. Believe me I'm upset about this myself. I'm a metal detectorist and they tell me where I can detect as well. I'm telling you we must stand up for something we are being regarded a puppets do as your told or you may go to jail and fined. Government is to much we must follow rules yes, but damit its time to put our foot down. Oh so many people would like to profit from some sort of photo / video work and cant um. So some say next year 2017 if we are patient you will not need a so-called commercial pilots license. Hell they seen this coming. If you get permission, fly safe obviously, you should be able to be compensated for basic photo / video taking. Enough I'm like most of you, following rules responsible but again, money talks ******** walks, the land of opportunity only works for a small few like always. And when you do nothing you get stepped on. Thankyou and god bless

You are preaching to the Choir here-- and we have absolutely on the rule makers and enforcers.

if our dam country would quit invading other countries our security levels wouldn't be so high. when our we going to grab these bastards by the throat, yes its to the point, as they always preach you don't want your grand childrens future to be in a mess. Guess what its worse than a mess, we unfortunately have to sacrifice for a greater cause well its time. Its our own government dummies and the very idiots that r making you sick and in ending they no you aint going to do nothing r we. I wish more people would turn that ******** tv off and get serious, especially the young people, thankyou

not quit sure what your point is--

did you guys have to pay to register over their in the US will not be long now till us brits follow suit

did you guys have to pay to register over their in the US will not be long now till us brits follow suit
5 bucks refunded if registered before the 21 st of January. That will probably be a lot more at renewal in 2019.

I don't mean this statement to be a wise crack or ignorant. Believe me I'm upset about this myself. I'm a metal detectorist and they tell me where I can detect as well. I'm telling you we must stand up for something we are being regarded a puppets do as your told or you may go to jail and fined. Government is to much we must follow rules yes, but damit its time to put our foot down. Oh so many people would like to profit from some sort of photo / video work and cant um. So some say next year 2017 if we are patient you will not need a so-called commercial pilots license. Hell they seen this coming. If you get permission, fly safe obviously, you should be able to be compensated for basic photo / video taking. Enough I'm like most of you, following rules responsible but again, money talks ******** walks, the land of opportunity only works for a small few like always. And when you do nothing you get stepped on. Thankyou and god bless

It's getting tougher by the day it seems in the US - I suppose based on population and maybe the opportunity in many places/states to fly year round - not to mention a few "bad apples" who disregard basic common (or rather lack off) sense and respect for others and the hobby.

Up here in Canada the restrictions are not as tough (yet) and so far no mandatory registration (dependent on size, weight and use of UAV) i.e. if it is for commercial use or over 25kg (55 lbs) - then registration for a SFOC (special flight operations certificate) is required. Transport Canada is the governmental body that takes charge of these things - not unlike your FAA.

We have what is called "Exemption Conditions" for UAV's 2kg - 25kg (2.4lbs - 55lbs) and as long as you can meet those you don't need permission or registration to fly recreational UAV's (of course there are rules as to flying safely and being knowledgeable as to flying UAV's). If the UAV is to be used for a business most UAV operators must get Transport Canada’s permission to use a UAV for any type of work or research. However, under very specific, lower-risk circumstances, you may qualify for an exemption (dependent on where you will be flying and the type of work). You must have at least $100,000.00 commercial liability insurance if used for work (no exemption there).

Thankfully the Phantom 3's fall below the 2kg weight restriction and are bound by none of the above if used for recreation only! The Inspire 1 is 2.395 kg and would be relative to the above, again however it would not require Transport Canada (TC) permission to fly or registration - provided it met the conditions as laid out in the exemptions. At least that is how I read and understood the language for UAV's up in the "Great White North"!

If you're interested here is a link to Transport Canada's "info graph" as related to UAV's http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents...-_Find_out_if_you_need_permission_from_TC.pdf

I registered today so I could get it done before the free period ends on 1/21/16. Good to go until 1/19/19 :)

Oops, I thought they were supposed to be registered by February, 19th 2016 if purchased before December, 21 2015. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Register by Jan 21st to get your refund.

Personally, I'm waiting until next month. It's worth five bucks to me not to be registered for another month.

5 bucks refunded if registered before the 21 st of January. That will probably be a lot more at renewal in 2019.

Why?

It's the same ($5) for manned aircraft.

Why would this increase... just cause its a UAS?

Has anyone received their refund, anyone? FAA claims over 45000 registered on opening day, I wonder what the total was by Jan.19. That's a lot of $5. refunds I'm sure the government doesn't want to really give up. I wonder how long it'll take to get it.

Yes, I did on the 8th. Previous threads/posts indicate refunds started about two weeks ago.

Has anyone received their refund, anyone? FAA claims over 45000 registered on opening day, I wonder what the total was by Jan.19. That's a lot of $5. refunds I'm sure the government doesn't want to really give up. I wonder how long it'll take to get it.

My refund was posted back to my prepaid card in exactly 10 days after I submitted to take the mark of the beast for my evil drones. opps I mean registered my self as an owner of them evil drones.

Then it sat as a pending refund on the card for 2 or 3 more days till i was all clear and back on the card to spend again. But many others have since reported getting theres back on time also.

got an e mail; from AMA today say all members should regester there models now.
a few weeks ago a got another e mail from AMA saying HOLD OFF on regestering your models now.
what gives?

Reactions: Jorgejim90
a few weeks ago a got another e mail from AMA saying HOLD OFF on regestering your models now.
what gives?
They thought the FAA was there friend :rolleyes::p

Reactions: snerd
Yes, I received mine last week. I was certain Obama had spent it in Hawaii, but I guess not.

what gives?

They realize they cannot exclude their members and want you to be able to get the refund???

Information/situation changes and then so does policy, happens all the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31