Weird

IMG_3039.JPG
the first time it happen between two towers where I was standing in the middle between both in a parking ( took place at 200m, turned off the remote)
second time was in a big area but also close the a tower ( Almas tower), I didn't turn off the remote it just came back automatically at 150m turning yellow lights as if it lost signal with the remote control.
the third time is actually in a big parking where no towers is around ( I will upload the footage later) its behind Burj Dubai and I lost it at 20m only, exactly when the gopro switched the file in recording, it just went full speed opposite my direction, tried to make it turn or left right nothing happen, turned off the remote again. below is some pictures from this flight

I wasn't understanding "lost control" - you mean lost video signal? Does it go full black or just fuzzy black/white sand?
These video transmissions heavily rely on line of sight for signal. Once you get behind a large object, signal goes bad.
But if you problem isn't fuzzy signal, rather black screen due to something the GoPro is doing, that's a different story.

Beautiful picture! The skyscraper height is just stunning.
But what you wrote, GoPro having effect on the controls/flight, I have never heard of that.

I wasn't understanding "lost control" - you mean lost video signal? Does it go full black or just fuzzy black/white sand?
These video transmissions heavily rely on line of sight for signal. Once you get behind a large object, signal goes bad.
But if you problem isn't fuzzy signal, rather black screen due to something the GoPro is doing, that's a different story.
"loosing control" on the DJI, the video and go pro and the signal are fine,,, I am just loosing control on the DJI in all 3 scenarios , while landing at 20m it went straight full speed alone I tried to drive it back but I couldn't override the behavior then I had to turn off the remote , in other words the phantom is taking some left right or straight full speed direction, and every time I turn off the remote to bring it back.

It would be surprising if there weren't some communications transmitters on those towers. Best thing to do is try flying somewhere completey different and see if it behaves itself.

Reactions: Bachir Moukarzel
It would be surprising if there weren't some communications transmitters on those towers. Best thing to do is try flying somewhere completey different and see if it behaves itself.

this is my plan,,, will take it to the desert and check it out. but if this always happen between or beside the towers you think turning off the remote is always the solution right ? I am just scared to hit a tower at 300m or so and break it with the go pro... safe landing is helping me now always

Yes RTH if you get into difficulties, but this uncommanded behaviour is not normal, and I think you need to find out what is causing it before damage is done (not only to your aircraft but to buildings/people etc). Good luck.

Something to consider, be sure to keep your controller antenna's pointed at your Phantom continually, never turn around and have the controller pointed away from the Phantom. Next, those tall metal buildings is where I would guess your problems are coming from. I will bet you a million bucks those tall buildings have WiFi through out the entire building, which is going to cause problems if you get to close, close being defined as two or three hundred feet. Just stay the hell away from them. Remember, the metal buildings have a variety of communication protocol's going on with in them and outside of them. The problem your describing to me, is identical to what happened to my Phantom 2. I finally was able to determine that I needed to calibrate the IMU. Do the Basic Calibration first, regardless of what the check imu says, then do the Advanced Calibration, last but not least and very important, calibrate the IMU. Forget the warning about being warm or hot and calibrate it. If that does not solve your problems, then it is beyond me. Hope this helps.

Remember this, the Go-Pro should not have any effect on your flying the Phantom, that is a totally different system, but the WiFi on the GoPro will interfere with the flight abiliites due to interference if it turns on. You could test your Gopro by turning it on and recording nothing in particular and after a few minutes check to see if the blue light comes on, if it does, then the WiFi is activating and you might need a new GoPro or some other video camera. I had my blue light come on and I could not figure it out, but eventually went into the settings and such and made sure it stayed off. Good luck

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

please check the footage

Very nice. But I didn't see anything "weird". Isn't that what we are supposed to be looking for ?

thanks Hughie...i thought you wanted to see the location and the environment of the footage,, i can upload the footage where i lost control on the drone.

thanks Hughie...i thought you wanted to see the location and the environment of the footage,, i can upload the footage where i lost control on the drone.
Yes please do. Stunning location.

here you go, you can notice in both footage when the phantom go forward alone in a fast way, once i turn the remote in turns and come back.

Your GP up to date on software ? Can we see some of you footage ?

overtime its descending it goes forward alone as you can see in the footage.

Try keeping your elevation at under 50 meters or less, then fly around at reduced elevation to test the Phantom, it is far better to be at a low elevation than high if things go wrong., but seriously, you need to post pictures of the Gimbal under the Phantom and everything else under the Phantom. If you can, remove the top of the Phantom and take pictures of the internal set up and wiring, that way, all of us can see how it is wired, what parts are installed which in turn will show us what is not installed. If you have a technician who is working with you on your Phantom, then he should be on top of what is going wrong, if not, then you need to find another technician to work with.

i will do some test tomorrow and check how it goes,,, i will change technician and once he open it i will take some pics.... it might be the wifi in towers or something else..i will run some test again and share the footage if needed

DSCN1491.JPG
DSCN1492.JPG
DSCN1508.JPG
DSCN1500.JPG
First off, the second picture shows your iOSD mini in the wrong location, it should be mounted with the transmitter behind the gimbal with the power board. the current position puts the whole Phantom out of balance, you want everything as close to the center of the Phantom as possible. Use double stick tape to mount everything behind the Gimbal and between the parts. Remember, you want to keep the weight centered, by putting alot of weight on the landing gear, the internal gyro will continually have to compensate or over compensate for the weight not being centered.

True. And all that stuff fixed to the leg may be shielding one of the RC antennas (the thin one on the inner side of the leg).

And, nothing scientific, but I religiously avoid putting anything next to the compass.... like the antenna.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31