Weird Wobble?

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I really need help with my Phantom 2 vision plus. I am new to the whole quadcopter world and I am having issues with my phantom. I'm sorry for the long post but I want to give as much information as possible. Thanks for bearing with me. Anyway I got into the whole quadcopter thing with a cheap best buy one. I loved it though it was fun. Decided to upgrade and buy a Phantom 2 vision plus off craigslist (please don't crucify me for this). Anyway when I got it because the lady used waypoints and it seemed to be flying good and it was a great deal so I bought it. The first time I went to fly it by myself I took it not to far off the ground and it drifted very fast to the right (with my hand off the right stick) and I couldn't compensate to make the phantom straighten out and had to do a crash landing. Anyway the lady I bought it from said that the compass isn't working at 100% and she included 2 new compasses in the deal. So it came with some cosmetic damage anyway, and when I crashed it I broke one of the arms. So I have not had time until tonight to mess with it. So I recruited a friend to help and we watched youtube videos of people replacing Phantom 2 vision plus shells. While watching the video I also saw how to replace the compass. So I took the phantom apart. Replaced the broken compass. Put a new shell and new props on. Re-calibrated the remote and the phantom itself. As well as calibrated the remote to the Phantom. And since I am new to this it took forever. So I obviously wanted to take it out and see if it works. I took it to a wide open field. Calibrated the compass. Let it warm up/gave it time for the props to tighten. Made sure the gps signal was good. And I took it up. And it was okay. No more pulling to either side. It was just wobbling around like it was compensating for wind that wasn't there (I guess more like hurricane wind that wasn't there) . Which made it pretty difficult to control. But it also seemed like it lost its range if I went more than 10 feet high or 15-20 feet away from me. When it was in range it was to hard to land without breaking anything. But when it went out of "range" it seem like the throttle was responsive either. Like I said I am new to this. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thank you guys in advance!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl