Weird Wobble Problem- Help?

Reaction score
I am having a video problem with my Phantom/GoPro combo. I have the GoPro mounted on a Tarot gimbal with pitch control hooked up. There is an FPV system hooked up using the GoPro as the video output. It's a GoPro Silver if that matters. I have been experiencing image wave or wobble or jello-effect sometimes as much as 50% of the time I'm filming. While I was working thru all the possible sources of vibration I noticed that the wobble was also occurring in the video before the props start spinning and after the props stop.

Here's a link showing both- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGBPFkKOhl8

Anyone have any ideas about what is causing this? Gimbal still has power after props shut down but it looks steady.

Thanks for the input

mike

hmm,. if you're getting it prior to motors firing up, it might be the gimbal.
can you feel any vibrations when you touch the gopro?
might want to adjust the settings in the Tarot (have you upgraded to the latest firmware v1.4?).
but not sure what might be ideal to change. maybe try the Tarot users forum.
save the settings prior to messing with them tho.

Gimbal looks steady but it wouldn't take much movement. I was planning on depowering the gimbal and flying tomorrow and see if I can reproduce wobble. Is it possible that the pot that controls the manual pitch adjustment could be the prob? Also the wobble comes and goes when flying and seems to be more pronounced when hovering in one place. Head scratcher for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4