Weird thing happened today

Reaction score
Scenario:
Rural landscape in Eastern PA. Mostly cow pasture along main road with usually power lines along roadway. Flight path dil d include a electrified cow fence I had several successful flights and was on my second battery which was full from charging the other day. All of the sudden it when into auto land mode and saying "Critcal error contact Dji". I was so close to the take off when the error happen that I can't tell you if I had anything to do with getting it back home. Battery went pretty much from 95% to 20%. I powered it down, put a new battery in, verified it was full and had a full battery worth of flights back and forth from the area without any further issues. One crazy thing. Call it my paranoia but when when connecting my P2V to wifi extender one of the listed 'locked" wifi's was "Surveillance Van". Hmmmmmm crazy thought huh?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You've had some sort of battery error and someone with a sense of humour labelled their wifi as Surveillance Van.
The two are unrelated.
The chances that any real surveillance van wouldt use that name on their wifi is zero.
Plus they wouldn't be able to create battery errors in your Phantom and it's hard to imagine why they would want to.

Fencers only pulse, it's not an on all the time sorta thing.
As far as the wifi name, I have used that name myself, and also things like NSA_NODE_6745 when setting up hotspots for myself just for fun. :D

Have you ever checked your battery contacts. DJI did update the design in the P2 platform at one point. I use a contact conditioner called Deoxit Gold on all contacts like my P2 battery & P2 contacts, also DSLR lenses, solar battery contacts, etc. I use it on the P2 just for added assurance. The stuff is cheap and goes a long way.

I will check to see if home depot carries it or one of my parts store

I also would say battery I had a battery a while back that would char genie but when I had it out would go from 80percent down to 20 in seconds have you checked the battery in the app and also clean both contact points on battery and phantom

The battery went from nearly full charge to dead. Today I went to charge it and the battery seemed to top off in just minutes if it even charged at all. I put it back in and it shows flight time of 16 mins. After 2 minutes battery was critical low and I got the critcal error again. I landed reset and put another battery in and worked fine. I waited 30 mins and battery worked from that point (maybe 60%) down to 20% as normal and was about 10 mins flight

Almost forgot... there was a time during the P2's reign that there was a bunch of bad batteries out there and DJI was replacing them. If you have an older battery that could be the problem too.

Almost forgot... there was a time during the P2's reign that there was a bunch of bad batteries out there and DJI was replacing them. If you have an older battery that could be the problem too.
b138eee2c3d28ba5969e1ac2c3009ac4.jpg

I would check your battery just got rid of 2 of my batteries. They were reading 80% would go from 90% down to 30 % within 5 minutes. How old is that battery and how many charges.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20