Weird Start-up Question...

Reaction score
When I start the P3P up it says something about not connecting to IMU and something like 'Connect ribbon to gimbal'

Then it goes away within seconds and it says it's warming up. Then she flys beautiful.

Any thoughts? Just weird quirks?

If it says it is warming up you might try doing a IMU reset when the P3 is cold, if you do one when it is warm it will want to wait until it is that warm to fly.

Oh good call. I IMU'ed when it had been sitting idle for about 13 min.

Not sure what the other errors are about, other than to say maybe firmware? They pop then they go away.

When I start the P3P up it says something about not connecting to IMU and something like 'Connect ribbon to gimbal'

Then it goes away within seconds and it says it's warming up. Then she flys beautiful.

Any thoughts? Just weird quirks?
Mine did the same but now my motors won't turn on.not sure why it was working fine. Do you know if there's a reset?

Mine did the same but now my motors won't turn on.not sure why it was working fine. Do you know if there's a reset?

That's weird.

1. Do your warnings go away or do they stay there?

2.How many times did you see the warning before that happened?

3. What were the warning messages exactly?

That's weird.

1. Do your warnings go away or do they stay there?

2.How many times did you see the warning before that happened?

3. What were the warning messages exactly?
It says wait for warm up and then I do a calibration and everything seems fine on the app but the engines won't turn on. I've tried this about 8 time's still won't turn on and I did the update before flying. I had about 9 flights before having this issue

Thought I would report back for anyone who is lurking on this. I just did the IMU calibration again and it seems to have solved the problem. I had the machine to hot last time I think and it bugged it out. Let it go cold then boot up and do it real fast (following all the other rules as well, ie. Level surface, ect).

Thought I would report back for anyone who is lurking on this. I just did the IMU calibration again and it seems to have solved the problem. I had the machine to hot last time I think and it bugged it out. Let it go cold then boot up and do it real fast (following all the other rules as well, ie. Level surface, ect).
I'll give it a try

It's all good now . I had to go to IMU advance and recalibrate first. Now it's fine. Thanks for the suggestion

I had a similar issue tonight. Did two flights today with zero issues. Flew tonight had some issues.

IMU warmed up like normal, home point set. Went to do an auto takeoff and nothing happened. Got an error saying compass has too much noise. I did a compass calibration and tried to take off. Same error. I shut off the P3 and restarted. IMU warmed up. Got the connect ribbon cable error message and the gimbal was limp and facing down.

Restarted the P3 AGAIN and it was fine. Did a flight down to 47% and everything was fine.

Not sure if this is a firmware issue or hardware issue. I'm running the latest firmware.

Edit: I'm also just noticed that my flight once the error messages went away was not in the User Center under Flight Record. Super weird.

Last edited:
I also had issues with this yesterday. I made two flights without any hitches, and then for the third flight i got a lot of messages relating to the IMU and calibrations. It took some time for it to calibrate, but after that it was fine. A bit weird tho, that so many people seems to have had problem with the IMU yesterday.
Solar flares much?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.