Weird sound coming from the remote controller (P4P+)

OOO

Reaction score
Hi

DJI has replaced my P4P+ (full story). Yesterday, while preparing for my first flight at home, I noticed a weird sound coming from the remote controller. I know that beeping is normal but what is other sound? Is it normal? I have never heard that kind of sound coming from my first RC?

Thanks

Video link

Last edited:
Oh... I missed that!

I think that is the object avoidance alarms going off. Notice all of the red and yellow lines on the screen? Does it do it when flying (When it is away from all objects)?

Oh... I missed that!

I think that is the object avoidance alarms going off. Notice all of the red and yellow lines on the screen? Does it do it when flying (When it is away from all objects)?

I agree, beeping is because of the object avoidance. What about other sound? Is it OK? I did not fly yet. Is it safe to fly?Thanks.

Take it outside and launch it. Once it is 15-20 feet off the ground and away from any other objects, it should stop.
It may also be in beginner mode, which intensifies the alarms.

Reactions: OOO
Take it outside and launch it. Once it is 15-20 feet off the ground and away from any other objects, it should stop.
It may also be in beginner mode, which intensifies the alarms.

Thank you very much. I'll do that once I feel everything is OK. It was not in beginner mode. I was just preparing AC and RC for my first flight.

Besides the beeping sound there is another one in the background with sounds like a click. Maybe he is referring to that one.

Is this your first firing up of this replacement bird? Def object avoidance on the loud alarm. But the tick is something I have not heard of. Did that stop when you moved the bird away from the table or took it outside? However, mine does not sound the alarm when I just connect it up and turn it on inside like this. It does when it 's flying though.

Yes my first firing up. Both sounds stopped when I moved AC away from the object. But that click like sound doesn't seem normal to me. It is very loud and seems like a sound coming from a broken or loose part.

Last edited:
The clicking is from the speaker and is not a problem, it is in the alarm audio file that is played and is not anything wrong mechanically. You can tell because it happens very rhythmically along with the alarm and my p4p+ controller does it too in the same situation as yours.

The clicking is from the speaker and is not a problem, it is in the alarm audio file that is played and is not anything wrong mechanically. You can tell because it happens very rhythmically along with the alarm and my p4p+ controller does it too in the same situation as yours.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I'm very glad to be a member of this wonderful forum. Thank you all for your help and support.

Hi

DJI has replaced my P4P+ (full story). Yesterday, while preparing for my first flight at home, I noticed a weird sound coming from the remote controller. I know that beeping is normal but what is other sound? Is it normal? I have never heard that kind of sound coming from my first RC?

Thanks

Video link
Yip my p4 does that when I start inside house oa but are your blades spinning while alarm going off..my blades going when it beeps like that when idleing insideclicking not heard before ,,,man hope it's all good I remember when you first sent it off to dj ...please update after flight :):)

Last edited by a moderator:
To tell you the truth, I'm a little scared. As you know, my first P4P obviously was a defective one and I had no chance to play with it. I want to share my videos with you not problems anymore. :)

Is this your first firing up of this replacement bird? Def object avoidance on the loud alarm. But the tick is something I have not heard of. Did that stop when you moved the bird away from the table or took it outside? However, mine does not sound the alarm when I just connect it up and turn it on inside like this. It does when it 's flying though.
my noise is a high pitched whine!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj