Weird Shake and Gimbal Noise at Startup ... anyone else?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well Just received my 2nd Phantom today and went to start it up and noticed a little different humming noise coming from the gimbal on startup and also it shakes 3 times. I lifted it up and moved it around and it seemed fine. Does anyone else have this happen when they first start up? I just want to know if I should return it or just go fly it and see.

Thanks!

Here is a video of what I am talking about.

http://youtu.be/LtBWgyGGZH0

Re: Weird Shake and Gimbal Noise at Startup ... anyone else

Starts at 15 second mark in that video.. thanks!

Mine shakes a bit at start up, almost like camera lens trying to come into focus in low light.
Then after it locks in place it's good.

ResevorDG said:
Mine shakes a bit at start up, almost like camera lens trying to come into focus in low light.
Then after it locks in place it's good.
mine does exactly the same thing at start up. No issues after the little dance. I think it just part of the fun!!

Yup, mine too, but I 'think' it was only after I did the central board update ... and with that exact same 'point down at 45º, 3 little bops, then stable'.

It worked perfect in flight, so I think it's just part of the start up self test sequence for the latest central board firmware update (the one that ends in .27, not as the first Pluses where shipped with the version that ended .25).

I believe you are OK and GTG! :)

Another one here. Actually I think mine take a second or tow longer and then centers. But everything has been working good.
I had left the gimbal bracket on a few times and though I had hosed it up but I think its normal.

Ok, thanks guys!! Freaked me out a little at first because my first one didnt do that, just a little motor noise..

I wanna test it out today but not with these 30+ MPH winds... Definitely cant afford a 3rd!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers