weird, post crash, motor problems - Greenville, S.C.

Reaction score
o.k., i know i have a problems with procrastination . . .

back in january, my 13 y.o. got the p3 stuck in a tree, where it stayed overnight, with lights a glowing. thankfully, no rain
a tree service got it down the next day, it was like 60' up.
incident was caused by - "something about a huge sudden gust of wind". i don't know, i was out of town

he says he flew it some the next day, and did not notice any problems, though he was a bit conservative, i think, on how much "leash he let out"
but again, i wasn't home to see how much or how well it flew, but he says it seemed fine.

then it sits for several weeks, three to four, perhaps.
and now it won't fly.

so we put it back on shelf, till i had more time to look at it
we let all three batteries get FULLY charged,
tried it again week or two later, - still no go

it seems that two of the motors are spinning slower than the other two,
i think its the two motors opposite the red "tail lights" which are slow
when we tried it a few weeks ago, it would get off the ground, but wanted to move "forwards" in the direction of the two weaker slower motors

to the naked eye, one could observe the props were spinning slower,at least at idle, and also after shut down, they came to a stop more quickly than the rear two, which seemed to be spinning faster

then i tried it again a few days ago, on ~50%-75% charged battery, and it doesn't even try to get off the ground.

thoughts?
where do i send for repair?

thanks,
jasper

You could send it into DJI or contact one of their recommended service centers.

Hey Jasper
If there was any ( moisture in the air ) the evening it spent the night in the tree, your motor bearings might be rusty and not spinning freely! I'd start there. From the sound of things, it getting worse, as rust gets heavier!
Do the motors spin freely ( by hand? )

You might be able to oil them or replace!

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl