Weird phone call from DJI - H43D "Not compatible" with P2V+?

Reaction score
Got a weird call from DJI "support" about my recent order for a Zenmuse H4-3D. They said they saw that I recently ordered a Phantom 2 Vision+ (I did) and that they were "not compatible."

There was a bit of a language barrier, but she wasn't really able to tell me why they wouldn't be compatible. I told her I was replacing the P2V+ camera because I had broken it, but she kept saying "it is not compatible with Phantom 2 Vision +". Is there really a compatibility issue? I've seen posts of users using H4-3D with H3/H4 on P2V+, even going so far as to have FPV. Am I missing something here? She offered to cancel my order....

Re: Weird phone call from DJI - H43D "Not compatible" with P

As far as I know they are compatible, even more so than h33d, in fact all you need to do is replace one cable and switch another. That 8pin cable is supposedly already in the package with the gimbal.
Here is a diagram from a German forum where this was done successfully:
http://www.kopterforum.de/topic/23506-v ... ach/page-5

Sentec - Thank You! That is just what I've been looking for, at least I think it is without further research!

Was trying to figure out how to get FPV on a gimbal/camera-less P2V+V2 by attaching a cctv camera and doing some cable changes. This might be a solution...

Sentec - Thank You! That is just what I've been looking for, at least I think it is without further research!

Was trying to figure out how to get FPV on a gimbal/camera-less P2V+V2 by attaching a cctv camera and doing some cable changes. This might be a solution...

I'm running a H3-3D on my Vision+ . I did the mod myself. Everything works including FPV.The only thing missing is the ability to trigger photos in flight, I just start recording before I take off.

The gimbal is a hella lot stronger than the Vision+ unit and I can now do great night flights.

Reactions: Brent10
I'm running the Quick Release with a H4-3D and a GoPro H4 on my P2V V3 without any problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl