Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Weird Gimbal Issue

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by flasharps, Aug 2, 2014.

1. flasharps

Today I started having a gimbal issue I can't find listed in this forum or on the internet.

My phantom has never crashed and fly's great without issue. Today the gimbal has started a twitch left to right. It's almost like it loses connectivity for a second and then reconnects just in the yaw axis. I did notice the small green light on the board will flash a couple times when it twitches and then go solid when it corrects itself. It only happens during flight. I tried a calibration, software reset also a upgrade and the issue is still there.

Here is a sample of what it's doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq1cVHh ... e=youtu.be

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Dirty Bird

Perhaps a lose connection, or one of your ribbon cables is developing a crack? Check all the connections, including the ribbons, and inspect the ribbons closely for any sign of a crack. Also possibly a motor or electronic component failing?

3. flasharps

I checked all the connections. I took apart the gimbal and nothing out of the ordinary. It's driving me nuts. I feel I am missing something....

4. flasharps

SOLVED!!

Turns out one of the rubber bushings was torn right where it connects to the gimbal. The tear caused enough vibration to effect the gimbal causing it to reset.