Weird Error, No Live Video Feed

Reaction score
Hey all, wondering if anyone else has encountered the problem I am running into today.

I went to go flying today and do all the standard boot-up/checklist procedures. When I opened up the camera mode in the DJI VISIOn app I didn't get any live video. I saw all the usual satellite, battery, sd-card info and that was working fine but I was getting no live video at all. To be sure I even took off, and clicked video mode, and recording for a while, and then took a few pictures. When I went to album mode the videos and pictures were there, they looked fine, so the camera obviously is still working, I am just receiving no live video. I even uninstalled the DJI VISION app and re-installed it to be sure, and then even tried it with a different Android device, but the same thing each time, everything worked as usual except for no live video. Not sure what to do from here but I am wondering if anyone else had this problem. I should add I updated to the latest firmwares today but that was only after I encountered the problem so it occurred either way.

TLDR; Everything is working as normal but I am no longer getting the live video feed on the Android app.

Here we go again! I too am experiencing this same problem. In my case I have live video and all feeds are showing up (sat count, battery level etc). But then out of the blue, the video feed is gone. The feeds are still there. Happened on multiple android devices. I shutdown the phantom and restarted everything and the video starts up again. I also did all the upgrades, including the new RC. This really sucks because the last thing I want is to loose my video when I am in flight out of site. If anyone can shed some light on this, please help!

Good to know I'm not the only one!

If anyone has a solution on this it would be super appreciated.

Seems to be a problem quite a few have had. DJI will fix free, usually, but you can fix it yourself. Check out this post:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20006

I guess after reading through all the posts on this, it seems DrJoe has it nailed. Overheated WiFi. And ultimately the cause of the overheating in the first place was all the time the Phantom sat on my workbench without the props running while I tried to get the new upgrades and the new RC working. Live and learn as they say. You know what they say about boating...its a hole in the water that you throw money into. I think the Phantom is a lot like boating.

I had the same issue on my iPhone 5 over the weekend. Turns out the phantom was fine but it's my phone that is the problem. First flight was fine. Second flight no video. I figured out that I have to reboot my phone before each flight and it works fine. When I shut down the wifi after a flight my app either shows the last image from the previous flight or it will be a black screen. It won't show video again until I restart the phone.

I 'll bet its not the phone. My problem, when I had it, happened on 2 different androids. At the time I had the quality setting at 640 and I had the dynamic home link turned on. I turned both off between when I had the problem and when I didn't. So I am thinking that its either one of those settings that caused the problem, in conjunction with one of the many updates. I am planning on trying to reset each in order to see if I recreate the problem. But I am sure its not the phone on my end. Also, another problem has surfaced that others are having that looks like the dynamic link is causing. In my case, and others, the phone switched from the camera view to the menu without any input from the operator. This happened repeatedly until I shut down dynamic link. At the same time, I, and others, receive an error message saying that there is "not enough power to return home". Not sure that is the exact message, but it happens even when the Phantom is 2 feet from its home point. Here is a link to page 26 of the post: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28424&start=250#p264689

Still having the problem, looks like I am going to have to go the DJI Tech Support route. Wish me luck.

OK GUYS...wow.....

so I just changed my 2 FPVLR antennas with the 8dcb TP Link ones and my FPV is back!! so something is wrong with these 2 FPVLR antennas for sure!!

the one that has the actual RC transmission works perfectly, however, the 2 that go on the wifi extender are failing or don't work somehow

here is a picture of the FPVLR ones swapped out for the TP link ones and the TP link ones work wonderfully...

so at this point, after

1. taking apart the whole bird

2. heatsinking the wifi unit

3. rebinding multiple times

4. uninstalling and reinstalling DJI app multiple times

5. using different phones, iphone, ipad, samsung tab, galaxy phone, etc

6. using different SD cards

7. Checking every connection with a volt-meter (DVOM)

7. wasting literally, at least 30 hours of my life

and the whole time it was the FPVLR antennas........I bought these 2nd hand off ebay, and I do not mean any offense to Tony, but there is something definitely wrong......

just so you know...nothing is wrong with the bird...it was the antennas the whole time....yikes! :cry:

Attachments

• 20141112_225027.jpg
    20141112_225027.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 377
FPVLR said:
problem was fixed over the phone with eyecon82
Thanks for speaking with me

You have wonderful products and back them up, even if I purchased it off ebay.

Glad we cleared up things over the phone.

Just so everyone knows, the ebay seller that sold them to me damaged them somehow, and sold them as brand new on ebay when they were clearly used.

So it's not a fault of fpvlr.com or Tony, rather some ebay scammer trying to pull a fast one

JimKosinski said:
Glad that fixed your problem. Eyecon82. I don't have any mods to my extender and still having the problem. Going to try and swap a friends WiFi module to see if that works.
with the helical fpvlr antenna for the 5.8ghz side, I am getting a range of about 3000 feet. Stock was like 1200 feet, so they certainly help.

With the Tp-link linear antennas, I'm getting about 2400 feet fpv. I am only looking even more forward to Tony fixing mine up to improve my fpv further!

Thanks again Tony

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic