weird error messages at startup and after engines turned off

Reaction score
Ok experts! I need some help. tried chatting with tech support in China but that went nowhere. Upon receiving the P3P, Updated all firmware properly, both batteries, cooled bird down under an ac vent, calibrated IMU, gimbal and compass. compass continues to show a recalibrate warning until I get it outside in sky's view. But here's the part I can't get past - I get 2 warnings, screenshot attached. Top says Flight Error Records and under that is a compass error.

The irony is that these messages appear prior to starting engines. Once I start her up when I have P-GPS, these go away and all status messages are normal. When I turn engines off, and go back to see status, same messages. Bird flies fine as far as I can tell.

I deleted the GO app on both iPhone and iPad (it shows this error on both devices), reinstalled, reset all settings and still get this. To my mind, it's got to be produced from the bird itself or the controller.

I did also notice on the iPad that I continuously get a compass adjustment screen where I have to rotate the iPad in a circular motion to fill all the lines around the circle. This seems to pop up quite a few times just in the few minutes of usage but NOT during flight. I've rebooted devices, bird and controller and continue to get his. It records fine, flight records seem in tact and accurate. I'm a scratchin my head!!!

anybody know a thing or two? or three?
IMG_2219.jpg

Just curious, what are your indicator lights blinking? Is it giving you a magnetic interference warning?

You need to try your calibration of the compass outside, away from any metal objects. Including car, wrist watch, belt buckle, or any rebar in the concrete. That should eleviate your compass error.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub