Weird behaviour shortly after takeoff...

Reaction score
So,

All is good, green lights, P-GPS mode. All good...

Shortly after take-off I get this message...

IMG_0251.PNG

I haven't touched anything. Shortly after it proceeds to land, not responding to any controls...however the camera tweaks left and right if I move the stick.

This also happens when flying with litchi

Here are the notifications...
Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 18.45.14.png

Any Ideas, here's the flight log and record.

Attachments

• 2016-10-09 18_19_38.dat
    1.3 KB · Views: 301
  • DJIFlightRecord_2016-10-09_[18-19-37].txt
    521 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Reactions: phantomflyer22
This map is taken from Google. How does it show on your RC?

I noticed weird behavior in your logs and thus thought it's FW is not letting you fly.

There could be other issues too with GPS. Can't guess them as your screen shows 17 satellites.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This map is taken from Google. How does it show on your RC?

I noticed weird behavior in your logs and thus thought it's FW is not letting you fly.

There could be other issues too with GPS. Can't guess them as your screen shows 17 satellites.

It's on the DJI NFZ webpage.

On the RC I'm not in any red or yellow zones. I don't think NFZ is the problem?

Any ideas on what could cause the flight mode to change?

Additionally, if I try cancel the auto landing, it says command timed out?

These were the reasons I was suspecting that drone FW is blocking you to fly and forcing you to land.

Other silly areas to probe could be:

Were you in a really serious interference area?

Did you ever crash before so that some of the connectors inside are loose and behaving irrationally

Are you in woods? Highly moist area? High rise buildings? High heat? Extremely bad calibrations?

Bad SW installation?

These were the reasons I was suspecting that drone FW is blocking you to fly and forcing you to land.

Other silly areas to probe could be:

Were you in a really serious interference area?

Did you ever crash before so that some of the connectors inside are loose and behaving irrationally

Are you in woods? Highly moist area? High rise buildings? High heat? Extremely bad calibrations?

Bad SW installation?

By FW do you mean Firmware?

I've flew here many times before with no issues.

This issue also happened at a difference location, approx 5 miles from where I am now, in the middle of moorland.

In terms of interference, I can't really say, looking at the flight on healthydrones shows 100/100 for signal.

No crashes at all.

As far as I'm aware there is nothing in the environment that could be causing problems.

Humidity was around 40%

Temp was 9c

No high rise buildings

I checked the IMU, recalibrate the compass etc.

At a loose end to be honest[emoji52]

Yes FW : Firmware

Sometimes we miss out a small point and look for a big cause of concern. Right now I don't know where to look for a solution for you.

May be you can go for 32 channel hack and try. Use only stock antennas. Check if RC battery has enough juice. RC mode switch is ok.

Yes FW : Firmware

Sometimes we miss out a small point and look for a big cause of concern. Right now I don't know where to look for a solution for you.

May be you can go for 32 channel hack and try. Use only stock antennas. Check if RC battery has enough juice. RC mode switch is ok.

I'll put the antennas back onto the stock ones. Not sure what the 32 Channel hack is but I'll have a look into it and report back.

In the mean time see if anyone else has any ideas I'd be grateful for your thoughts[emoji106]

I'll put the antennas back onto the stock ones. Not sure what the 32 Channel hack is but I'll have a look into it and report back.

In the mean time see if anyone else has any ideas I'd be grateful for your thoughts[emoji106]

I see a clue now. I didn't know that you had modified your antenna system. I think there is an issue with the wiring interference or looseness inside RC.

Have you tried uninstalling, cleaning up/deleting device cache and reinstall the app?
Looks like a software issue to me.

I know on the Android platform I can't use anything past v2.8.3 without having all kinds of errors, it's just plain FLAKY!
Drop back to v2.8.3 of the Go app and no issues!

Have you tried uninstalling, cleaning up/deleting device cache and reinstall the app?
Looks like a software issue to me.

I know on the Android platform I can't use anything past v2.8.3 without having all kinds of errors, it's just plain FLAKY!
Drop back to v2.8.3 of the Go app and no issues!

Cheers Mocho, I'll give this a shot before I start fiddling with antennas!

Does the video feed come through the antennas too? There is not break up in video feed at all during the problematic flight!

Cheers Mocho, I'll give this a shot before I start fiddling with antennas!

Does the video feed come through the antennas too? There is not break up in video feed at all during the problematic flight!

Yes the video feed does come through the antenna.
Which device are you using with your R/C? Which IOS vr. and DJI Go app are you running ?

So,

All is good, green lights, P-GPS mode. All good...

Shortly after take-off I get this message...

View attachment 66773

I haven't touched anything. Shortly after it proceeds to land, not responding to any controls...however the camera tweaks left and right if I move the stick.

Here are the notifications...
View attachment 66776

Any Ideas, here's the flight log and record.
This is unlike anything I've ever seen. The stuff in the .txt is so confusing to me that I don't know where to begin. It's possible that the eventLog stream in the .DAT will reveal something. The .DAT you provided isn't valid (maybe it's the output of some other converter?)
Could you please provide the .DAT as a Dropbox link (or Google Drive)?

This is unlike anything I've ever seen. The stuff in the .txt is so confusing to me that I don't know where to begin. It's possible that the eventLog stream in the .DAT will reveal something. The .DAT you provided isn't valid (maybe it's the output of some other converter?)
Could you please provide the .DAT as a Dropbox link (or Google Drive)?

Thanks for helping out, Here is a link: Dropbox - 2016-10-09 18_19_38.dat

Thanks for helping out, Here is a link: Dropbox - 2016-10-09 18_19_38.dat
The .DAT you provided isn't valid. I had looked at it and thought you retrieved the .DAT and then ran it through some converter to produce the .dat you provided. Now, I'm not sure where it came from. Anyway, the .DAT is on the P3 itself. Look here to see how to retrieve it. Please provided a Dropbox link to that one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers