Weird behaviour after upgrade

Reaction score
I have a weird situation.
My P2 -- previously perfect. I upgraded to V3.14, so it's fully up to date.

Re-calibrated the TX, all controls and switches indicate correctly.

Re cal compass, all good.

IMU ok.

So - she flies perfectly in GPS, and atti mode, IOC off. Great.

Turn IOC on -- and weirdness!

In course lock mode, left / right stick motion now fly forward / back. Ie -- control is 90 degrees out.

In home lock mode -- she flies as if ioc is off!

Really weird.

Any ideas please?!!

You'd seem well experienced given just your 'join' date here.

Is it possible you've misunderstood IOC functions?

It is possible in CL to have what you describe depending on the heading at take off and the actual heading when activating it in flight, also, HL does not work within about 10 meters of the take-off point.

Hey Bob,

Tx is short for transmitter, Rx is short for receiver.

In this context the Tx is the part you hold and control the aircraft with, the receiver is of course inside the aircraft.

Are you sure its in Naza mode? Just guessing, but maybe the update popped it back into Phantom mode...

Hi...
Answers to comments...
I joined the original phantompilots in 2013 - so if you see a later date than that it's a hiccup of the site's recent changes I'd guess.
I have a P1, P2, P2V and S800 evo... So fairly used to how dji modes work....

However -- it's still easy to do dumb things and all comments are appreciated!

I re hooked it to assistant 3.8, and double checked IOC is enabled, and the switch hits all the modes ok.

I also tried flying out to 10m+, reset home location... Still misbehaves.
CL should -- and used to work -- if engaged before takeoff.
I can't see how any issue of heading at take off would make CL be 90 degrees out of sync... unless that's a new "feature"!
And -- this was all with 8 satellites in the location....

It's very odd!

I respect your experience and just wanted to establish such.

Now, CL... you take off facing North (your orientation reference direction), now in flight you rotate the quad 90 deg to the left so now facing West.

You activate IOC- CL. At this time your controls will not only seem but actually BE 90 degrees offset from the quads physical forward pointing direction because of the heading difference between take-off and the orientation at time of IOC-CL activation. Moving the stick left/right will seem as though it is flying forward/reverse but it's still left/right when compared to your take-off orientation.

As far as HL... it sounds like your moving 10 meters and resetting HP then trying IOC. Now you have to be 10meters from the new, reset, home point. When flying back to the home point in HL once within 10 meters of home it will revert to CL mode.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments!
Ok, so if that's correct then they have changed how CL works a bit.
Originally the forward nose position was recorded when the fast green flash sequence occurs, either manually or automatically triggered. This occurs regardless of the ioc switch position.
So, with my S800 or old PV for example, CL works from the takeoff orientation, even if you take off with ioc off, rotate 90 degrees then turn ioc switch to CL, the CL direction is as set before takeoff when the home point is stored automatically

If it now records direction only when that mode is selected.... that's different.
I need it to stop raining to do some more tests!

Problem solved and fixed!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic